Page 16 Tell You My Name

"We would also have an extremely interesting solar eclipse this afternoon. In fact, this year there will be two solar eclipses and four lunar eclipses. Let's hear a report on that from our experts," The TV was playing when I closed the door and got on my bicycle, "Bye, mom!" I came to school to meet a teacher who suddenly had a whim to take an extra class.

But, I have been bored while being home during our summer break and I think a little bit of studying now and then doesn't really bother me. That's what I thought before paddling eight kilometers and falling onto the fresh grass after reaching school. I was so tired and most definitely exhausted.

As I walked into the schools, I took my notebook and just flapped it on my face to make myself stop sweating. The weather was creating this tumultuous exasperation in my head, I felt like a boiling egg in a frying pan. Soon, I met sequin near the water tank and she did look like an egg, with her hair sleeked back and her white face glowing from all that sweat.

We stood beside each other, I was waiting for her to finish her glass and leave. But after she was done, she opened her bag and threw a hoodie at me, "About time you gain over your own things, not people," My things? Was this my hoodie? It was absurd because I didn't remember giving her any hoodies?

"Where did you get it? Did you steal it?" I asked and she smirked. Her smile was condescending, as if laughing at my remark, as if she would steal something from a low man like me, "I found someone wearing it. Seems like someone else is stealing your stuff. I'm just doing you a favor. You're welcome,"

I looked at it, trying to remember when I last looked at it, who did I give it to? I looked at the skull stencil Glen's sister made over it and instantly recognized it. I looked at Sequin, "Who gave this to you?"
She smiled, "An imported woman,"

(Tn//An imported woman is generally used in a derogatory sense to refer to non-native people in the Netherlands and many other countries in the world)

"Where did you find her?"
"Inside my brother's university Campus...in Groningen"
So, she's a university student. 

As we sat on our seats for the lesson, I brushed my fingers against the hoodie and came across a strand of hair. It can't be sequin's hair, she's blonde. I held the strand between my fingers, it was curly and brown. Oh, I remember her hair, she was a curly brunette.

I seemed to have forgotten her face. I had almost convinced myself that it was a dream. I have gone to that convenience store again and again; spending more time there than I should, hoping I'd meet you there. I'd walk across the aisles, I'd grab snacks that I don't even want, just to accidentally run into you again... I'd play that terrible Friday evening again, just to know your name. And tell you mine.

-To be continued