.5.

Savannah, Georgia
Toranae Richter

I woke up from the sound of my phone ringing. I picked my phone up reading the time seeing it was 3:45 AM.

I looked at the called I.D, noticing and unfamiliar number but it had a 912 area code so I answered it putting it up to my ear waiting for the person on the other end to speak but they didn't say anything so I spoke up.

" Hello." I said in a raspy voice, causing me to clear my throat.

"What you doing sleep this early." Kees said

"It's 3 o'clock in the morning. What you doing up this late?" I stated getting up, going to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face.

" I can't sleep and I told you I was gon' call you later." He said

I came out the bathroom and started talking about anything and everything, while he occasionally hummed or responded to indicate he was listening.

My eyes soon got heavy and I fell asleep.

————————————————————————

I woke up looking at my phone seeing the green at the top, indicating I was on the phone. I looked at the time seeing it was 9 o'clock in the morning.

I started moving around to go the bathroom when I heard a voice come through the phone.

" You up now." Kees asked as I went to the bathrooom with my phone in my hand.

"Yeah. What you doing today?" I asked turning on the water to brush my teeth and wash my face.

"I'on know yet. You wanna come ride around with me?" He asked making me smile

"Yeah."

" Ight. I'ma pick you up around 10:30. Be ready when I get there." He said and I responded before hanging up.

It's always been my dream to ride around with my drug dealing boyfriend but he's not boyfriend so i'll settle for friend.

I started getting dressed putting on a black bodycon dressed that went pass my knees and my black and white chuck taylor platforms.

I grabbed my black crossbody putting it on my shoulder, walking out my room shutting the door. I didn't have to do my hair because it was already done.

I went downstairs until he came. I heard somebody coming down the stairs. I looked and seen it was my pops.

"Uh, Where you going." He said looking me up and down.

"Tori, if i look cute then just say that." I said mugging him calling him by his nickname which was also mine.

"No, you need to take them braids down. I see a whole bunch a lint.

"Not too much on me. I just got these done." I said bucking at him.

"Whatever. Where are you going?" He asked taking a apple from the center of the dining room table.

" I'm going to go riding around with my friend. Do you need anything?." I asked getting a text, indicating that he was outside.

"Yeah, get me some more condoms. Yo mama keep popping all of them. She think she slick." He said heading upstairs.

"My mama don't wanna get pregnant by you."

"Tuh, she be all over a young nigga."

"See you later, old man." I said giving him a hug walking out the door, getting in the car.

"Hey." I said

"Wassam. Are you hungry?" He asked looking at me licking his lips

"Not right now."

"You look good."

"Thank you."

"Alright, hold this." He said putting a gun and some weed in my lap.

So romantic.

He reached in the back and got a book bag putting everything in it besides the gun.

"I'ma make a couple of drops then the day is yours." He said pulling off to go wherever.

Vote & Comment