28. Moving in

I felt domestic. I hadn't even been with Harlan for one whole day but it felt comforting the way we just fell into a morning routine.

Harlan had finally let both of us start the day and get out of bed. After the call with my mom I was itching to find a distraction and I found it by making breakfast.

I stood in my kitchen preparing a nice meal for Harlan and I while I was wearing his T-shirt. I couldn't help but think of all the days that we could do this. Getting ready, eating breakfast together, I wanted a forever of this simpleness.

The sound of the shower being turned on just reminded me that he was actually here. Harlan was showering in my apartment, getting ready in my space.

I had just plated the eggs and bacon I had made when the shower got turned off. Harlan was finishing up and I decided to fill the last bit of time cutting up some fruit to make a nice fruit salad.

It was going to be our first breakfast together and I wanted to make it count.

"Smells good." Harlan said walking out of my bedroom.

I turned to see him walking towards me in nothing but a towel wrapped tightly around his waist.

"Why aren't you wearing any clothes?" I eyed him.

I wasn't complaining. I mean Harlan looked hot right now his body still wet from the shower and his whole chest was exposed. I wanted to run my fingers all over his body and feel his skin against mine.

But that was the problem. This whole thing was way too distracting for me. I was trying to have breakfast and Harlan being practically naked was getting in the way.

"All my clothes are dirty and you are wearing my only shirt. You know I should really have some backup clothes here and maybe my own toothbrush." He said coming over to wrap his arms around me.

"There are extra toothbrushes in the top drawer next to the sink." I told him.

"Well then I'm going to claim one of those as my own and put it next to yours. Also I'm going to need you to clear out some space so I can have some of my clothes here for when I stay over." He reached forward grabbing a piece of bacon and plopping it into his mouth.

"You want to do the whole drawer at each other's places thing? You know we haven't even been together one day or been on a real date. Don't you think it's a little fast? Normal people usually wait until at least after the first date to do all this."

I didn't want to do anything to mess this up. Normal relationships had a loose order of how it's supposed to progress. Ours seemed to be doing everything out of order and maybe it would be good to try to steer it back on course.

"Ava," Harlan tilted my head up to look at him. "Literally nothing about this relationship has been normal. We got married before our first kiss and said I love you before we even started dating. It's a little to late for normalcy but if you really want we can go out on a real date today so that when I move some stuff in later it'll be officially after our first date." 

"You want to go out on our first date today?" I asked my heart soaring at the thought of going on a date with him.

"As long as you aren't busy." He grinned.

"Ok." I nodded.

"I'll try to wait at least a week before asking to move in." He winked before turning to walk back towards the bedroom.

I felt giddy. Things were good and the only thing I had to deal with was how exactly I was going to tell everyone about us.

The first person would have to be Jade. The thought caused some nerves. I knew she'd be happy for me but still there was always a chance of things not going as well as I think they will. I was dating her brother.

I snapped out of my thoughts by knocking at my front door. My heart jumped, there wasn't many people that would just show up at my apartment.

I guess I was going to find out how Jade would react a lot quicker than I had thought.

"Hey." I smiled at my best friend when I swung the door open.

"I texted you but you didn't answer. Did you just wake up?" She eyed my outfit.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I was thinking we could get lunch." She just pushed her way into my apartment not waiting for me to let her in.

I guess this was going to be it.

"I actually just finished cooking breakfast." I told her as I followed her into the kitchen.

"For two?" She looked at the plates.

"Yeah."

"Do you have company? Oh my god! I just interrupted something." My best friend gasped covering her mouth with her hand as she turned to look back at me.

"Can you see my di-," Harlan walked right out but stopped talking once he saw his sister standing next to me. "Oh hey sis." He recovered quickly.

"Harlan?" She looked between the two of us for a moment which was slightly awkward with what we were wearing.

Harlan had walked back out with a pair of sweats hanging low on his waist making it very obvious he wasn't wearing anything underneath them. I was still standing there wearing only one of Harlan's T-shirt's and a pair of underwear.

"That's me." He grinned at his sister not bothering to explain any further.

"You are in my best friends apartment and you aren't wearing a shirt." Jade seemed to need some time to process exactly what was happening and she seemed to chose to do that out loud.

"You are in my girlfriends apartment and you are wearing all your clothes." Harlan teased and walked over to me not hesitating to pull me into his bare chest.

"Girlfriend? You guys are officially dating?" Jade just stood there staring at us shocked.

"Surprise." I said.

"I'm happy for you two. I expect all the details." She gave me a look and I just shook my head with a laugh.

I knew Jade would shake all the details of how we got together out of me soon. There was no getting out of it. My best friend could be pushy sometimes.

"Are you staying? Ava made breakfast and you can have some of hers if you want. Don't even think about trying to take any of mine." Harlan detached from me and went to grab his plate of food.

"There are some extras, I was betting on Harlan eating a lot but you're free to have them." I assured my best friend.

"Ok." She nodded and made herself her own plate.

I wasn't going to complain that my morning with Harlan turned into breakfast with my two favorite people.

I definitely could get used to this.

A/n:

Sorry this is late today but it's here now! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote.

-Cora Leigh