CHAPTER XI

"Please....help me....."

My tears wouldn't stop flowing. Just why am I crying this much? I don't even want to cry this much. But I can't help it.....my mind and body feels tired and just want to cry it all out.

"Stand up....."

Argus gets on his knees and then gently helps me stand and using his thumb wipes my tears. He motions the maids to leave us alone and finally asks,

"What happened?

I sniffle, forcing myself to stop crying and in between sobs reply,

"Eros....and Lark. He took them. He hinted that he will kill them if we dig any further....what do we do now, Argus?"

"Don't worry. We do not need to investigate further as I have already found out everything."

"Then..."

"Yes, he is the one responsible for everything."

"Then what about my brothers? I went to look at his office last night but no one was there. I wanted to go check out Ryker's mines however, I did not know where they were...."

"You went there alone?"

"Well...yes. Who else was I gonna take with me? I came here first....but...."

She then decides not to say anything since seeing his face, she figured that he already knows everything.

"It won't happen again. I apologise for what happened....I really am....."

"It's fine. It's not your fault. It's not even those guards fault. They were just doing their duty."

"Rhea...."

"Tell me. How do we find my brothers?"

"Do you trust me?"

"I do....but what are you planning to do?"

"Then I'll bring your brothers to you. Until then you stay here and rest...."

He puts his hand on my forehead and adds,

"You still have a slight fever. It's better to take medicine and sleep some more."

"...how can I go and sleep so peacefully when my brothers could be getting killed right now? I will come with you."

"Please, trust me. I will bring them to you. You need to rest. There's also the trial you have to attend and for that, it's better if you're healthy. Don't you want to get back at Ryker?"

"Trial? Does this mean we are going to court?"

"Of course. We have all the evidence. Now just need to give him his punishment."

"So....I should just go to sleep for now?"

"Yes, I will go and find out the whereabouts of your brothers. Please stay at ease and take care of yourself."

He opens the door and calls for the maids. The same two maids as before came.

"These two will take care of you. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

"Are you going to the mines to look for them?"

"No, I am going to talk to my spy. He will know about everything."

"Please do inform me as soon as you find anything."

"Yes, I will. I will also notify your mother about your whereabouts."

"Thank you."

___________________

As soon as Rhea goes back to sleep, Argus sends his aide to look for Eros and Lark. Some of his knights also go along with his aide. While Argus himself goes to visit Marquis Leander Gessele, who is the Royal Head of Mining and keep's track of the whole kingdom's transactions regarding mining and every business that's related to it. The Marquis was a stern, firm man of his own strong beliefs and values. He was not much of a talker and only focused on his work. His wife died after giving birth to his only family now left, which was his daughter, Lydia Gessele. Yes, she was Rhea's best friend. Originally the Marquis ignored and neglected his daughter since he did not know how to act around her and thus focused merely on his work. Although, this did not mean that he does not love his daughter. He cherishes his daughter and is willing to do anything for her. However, since he fails to talk to her, his daughter had never asked him for anything. But she did talk to him happily and cheerfully whenever they met and seeing her smiling so brightly made him happy since it was the only thing he cared about.