Chapter 41

Reminder: Pray your salahs before reading this.

Ashiya's PoV:

When Ahan and I left from the reception venue, I expected to go straight to our place which was Ahan's house but when the driver took a different route, I turned to Ahan. He seemed relaxed and not at all surprised, as if he was expecting it.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my eyebrows raised. Ahan turned his face to me and smiled.

"To our new house," he said and my eyes widened.

"What? Why didn't you tell me about it before? I didn't pack my stuff. Hell! I didn't even say goodbye to Khala," I yelled and saw the driver casting a weird look in my direction. Ahan tried to suppress a laugh, earning my glare.

"I'm sorry," He raised his hands in the air, "I just wanted to surprise you. And don't you worry about our stuff, they have already been brought by Ghulam Bhai." Is this guy real? He closed his eyes and rested his head on the window glass while I kept looking at him dumbfounded.

When we reached the place, Ahan helped me in getting out of the car because of my heavy dress. As I stepped out and looked around, I saw that it was a big property. I looked up and the view left me amazed.

It was a two storey house, painted in white, with two huge balconies and enough parking space for our car. There was also a pretty big lawn with a number of plants I couldn't recognise. It was beautiful but I wondered how much it cost him.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Ahan whispered into my ear making me turn to face him. I nodded in positive to which he smiled brightly.

"It is," I said, "how much did you pay for this?" The smile on his handsome face dropped immediately as he looked a bit taken aback. He tried to regain his composure but failed.

"Not much," He rubbed his neck, "come on let's take a look inside." He started walking away from me but I was quick to hold his arm and pull him back. He looked like a kid who had just been caught while stealing candies. When I gave him a stern look, he sighed defeatedly. "Okay," He breathed, "it cost me around...eight millions..??"

I felt my mouth dropping low as I stood bewildered in front of him. Eight millions? How did I end up marrying such an insanely rich buffoon?

"What the fuck? Are you out of your mind? Why the fuck would you spend such a huge amount of money? Fuck!" I cussed without caring how loud I was. Ahan's form stiffened as his face turned serious but I ignored it. Hey I am the one who's supposed to me mad, right?

He stepped closer and leaned his face to mine. "If you use that word one more time," He spoke, his voice deliciously low, "I swear I'll teach you a good lesson about it." I immediately swallowed the remaining words I had in my mind to throw at him. His eyes then softened and he took hold of my shoulders. "Look, it's a long time investment. Plus, it's a good place with enough privacy for both of us. Tomorrow, when we'll have kids, I want them to grow up in a good place," He said in a gentle manner.

"But eight millions is too much," I pouted and he smiled.

"Nothing I buy for you is too much," He sounded cheesy which was so unlike him but cute anyways. "Now can we please step inside? I'm dying to show you the entire house." I nodded at him and he flashed me his beautiful smile before he bent down and swept me off my feet.

"Wha--"

"Let's go," He smirked and started walking towards the house. When we entered inside, I realised why the house was worth eight millions. It was perfect. And grand. There was large central hallway serving as the main avenue of traffic and entrance area to the adjacent rooms. The hallway flowed into a large, wide staircase that provided the main means of egress to the private rooms on the second floor.

There were four rooms in total including a guest room with high ceilings, pocket doors, and tall windows. The kitchen was just adjacent to the staircase, a cute setup with every useful thing present there.

Ahan gave me a tour of the entire house and when we were done with it, he took me to stand in front of a wooden brown door which was locked from outside. He looked a bit hesitant and nervous.

"Is this your playroom or something?" I joked to which he turned his in my direction with his eyebrows raised.

"No, but I can make one if you want," He winked making me blush. "This...is a surprise I wanted to give you since a long time." I frowned at him. Another surprise? "I hope you end up liking it," He murmured and went ahead to unlock the door. As he pushed it open, I followed him inside. When he moved out of my way to let me have good look, my jaw dropped for the hundredth time that day.

A number of enormous shelves stood in front of me, all of them laden with books. Hardcovers, paperbacks, everything. The beauties seemed to be smiling at me and I, in return, just gawked at them. I was speechless. I couldn't move. I looked over at Ahan who seemed satisfied with my expressions. He smiled and gestured me to move forward.

As I stepped ahead and took a closer look, I realised that all the books were collector's edition. There were some exclusively new editions which weren't even released in our country. How did he even manage to get these?

He's rich, you dummy.

I took a deep breath and touched the spines of the hardcovers. Beautiful. All of a sudden, I felt overwhelmed by everything around me. Ya Allah, what did I ever do to deserve this beautiful human? This man who grabs every opportunity to make me happy, who understands and respects me. I guess he was a reward to me for something good I might have done in the past. Alhamdulillah.

I turned around and saw that he was standing near the door, observing every move of mine. His face had an expectant smile, hoping of having succeeded in making me happy. If only he knew how his mere existence is enough to make me dance in delight...

I ran towards him and hugged him with all my might, burying my face in his chest. It vibrated rhythmically, a sweet sound to my ears.

"Thank you," I mumbled, "thank you for coming into my life." I pulled back a little, rose on my toes and planted a quick peck on his left cheek. He was surprised all the while. As soon as he realised what I just did, his eyes brightened and lips curved up and a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Getting bolder, are we?" He teased to which I blushed and buried my face back in his chest again. His arms encircled my form as he hugged me back and at that moment, corny as it might sound, I wished for the world to stop.

___________________________________________

Thank you so much for being patient with me my lovely lovely readers. I promise I'll finish this book. Just give me some time since I'm going through some personal stuff.

Please vote and comment. Thanks again❤️