Chapter 7

Caro - Wizkid

TRIGGER WARNING

STEPHAN P.O.V

As I was researching salons, I couldn't help but think about Kristen. She used to always go and do her hair. I always liked how different each hairstyle was.

I miss her so much, but I understand why she had to leave. The mafia life was getting to her and she couldn't handle it.

But I need her.

Roman, Vincent, Seth and Shane look exactly like me while Kayden, Blake and Raquel look more like their mother, they are much darker than the others and they have a kinky hair, just like their mother.

I bet they can't even remember her. Every time I look at Raquel, I see Kristen.

When Raquel called me by my name, it really hurt. It was a blatant reminder that she doesn't want anything to do with me.

But after my talk with Roman, I knew that I need to put my feelings aside and make up for lost time.

By the time I found a salon, Raquel walks in ready to go. She looks so beautiful, even in a casual outfit she is still stunning.

I get up from my desk and we walk out of the house. We get into the car that was waiting outside for us.

I made sure that I there 10 different cars follow us. I don't want anything to happen to Raquel, it also looks less suspicious to Raquel.

I just got my daughter back, I'm not going to lose her again.

The car ride was silent, I wanted to say something, but she looked so uninterested. So
I rather leave her be.

The driver parks outside the salon. It looked very down to earth, not too flashy or high end.

As we walk in all I can see is commotion, chatter and Afro beat music playing in the background.

Raquel looks unbothered, as this is a regular occurrence.

We go up to the receptionist, asking to book an appointment. As she books us in, she looks at me with confusion, and curiosity then the realisation hits her.

Which I can understand it's not everyday you see an Italian man in a hair salon, especially one of my occupation. But first time for everything I suppose.

She sits Raquel down and I take a seat next to her.

The hairdresser who goes by the name Naomi, she was 5'5. She was dark skin and her hair done in dreadlocks which suited her face.

The receptionist offers me some supermalt and I accept. Last time I had it, was when Kristen was around. She used to cook some traditional meals from Nigeria and me and the boys used to look forward to those nights.

"So, how long does box braids usually take?" I said while drinking the malt.

"Uhh around... give or take 3 hours or more." I choked on the malt, making Raquel and Naomi laugh at me.

"If you don't want to stay you can go I'll be fine." Raquel sends me an understanding smile. "No, I said we were going to spend the day together so even if it takes all night I'll still be here." Raquel smiles at me, Naomi chuckles our interaction as she continues to do Raquel's hair.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

It's been over 2 hours and Naomi was done. She looks beautiful, the braids really suit her. Naomi did an amazing job.