A New World

Percy's POV

Percy had never gotten use to shadow traveling, but he decided it was a better experience than plunging through a fiery portal to another dimension. Even in this new world he was still falling. Catching a quick glance of a spectacular sunset, Percy fell headfirst into the sea. Instantly, the young hero felt rejuvenated by his fathers element. It filled him with so much strength and life, maybe even too much.

Percy gasped and bent over in the water hugging himself as his body struggled to keep up with the amount of energy that suddenly surged through his veins. It felt like his blood was boiling, similar to when he became immortal, and the amount of power he felt was indescribable. A scream of pain escaped his lips as his body overloaded. The surrounding water erupted into the sky and surged away from him in every direction. The sea turned dark as it began to rage.

Focus Seaweed Brain! Annabeth's voice bounced around in Percy's head like a pinball ball. Calm down and just breathe!

And that's what Percy did. He forced himself to take several deep breaths. At first, he struggled to reign in his powers, but as his heart rate calmed, so did the ocean.

He could still feel the power washing through his body, but now he had complete control over it. Willing the water to bring him to the surface, Percy's head resurfaced and he finally had a chance to take in his surroundings. There was only slowly churning water for as far as he could see, but his internal ocean navigation system told him that there was land 257.9 miles southeast of him.

Percy pondered his choices. He could head to the land where any multitude of unknown dangers awaited him, or he could stay in the sea where he SHOULD be relatively safe. He hesitated for a long time, bobbing up and down in the open sea. He didn't know anything about this dimension apart from: it hasn't killed him yet, it has lots of water yay, and it seemed to be continually pumping him full of energy.

What to do? what to do? Percy thought, unconsciously sinking below the surface as he began weighing the pros and cons of both choices. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he felt several strange presences swimming towards him in the water. They seemed to have been drawn by the little ruckus he caused earlier.

Percy could sense they were mortals, but that did not explain how they were traveling underwater so easily. As they neared, Percy pulled Riptide out of his pocket and uncapped the pen. It gleamed a strange color that he had yet to grow accustomed too. After becoming Hestia's champion, Riptide had changed. It still held its original leafed shape, but it was now made of a mix of celestial bronze and carbon steel and had two forms. Hestia had told him that there would be a time where he would need a weapon that could harm both mortals and immortals. Maybe this was that time.

Percy willed his weapon into its others form. It instantly shifted into two sharp Chakram.

"Don't come any closer!" He warned hopping they could hear him through the water

"Don't come any closer!" He warned hopping they could hear him through the water. They kept approaching. "Last chance!" Percy readied him disks. The guy in front of the group, who Percy began to refer to as Mr. Leader looked like he heard him, but instead of stopping he slid a large knife free from its scabbard.

"Well I tried," Percy muttered to himself before hurling the Chakrams at the group approaching him. Mr. Leader, who was clad entirely in some sort of black armor, ducked under the deadly arches of Percy's projectiles which then sliced through the men behind him. Percy willed the blades to return to him and they zipped through the water like bullets. He caught them and threw them again. However, that may have been a mistake because now he was without his weapons. He thought it would be fine as none of his enemies seemed to have any long range weapons, but he was proven wrong when lasers shot out of the large red eyes of Mr. Leader's enormous bug like helmet.

Percy willed the water in front of him to condense and form a shield. A second later the lasers stuck. They were quite powerful as they broke through Percy's hastily thrown together shield and slammed into his right arm. Golden ichor sept into the water around him.

The enemy group paused their advance for a second as one of them yelled, "An Atlantean that bleeds gold!?"

Percy didn't know what an Atlantean was, but he wasn't planning on staying to find out. These enemies were strange and had freaking lasers! His Chakrams dissolved into water as they flew in their arches. He knew they'd appear back in his pocket in pen form soon. Willing the ocean to take him to the land, Percy shot away from the group in black. At first they tried to swim after him, but within several seconds they disappeared out of sight.

His arm began to heal, but it was a pretty nasty injury. It wasn't long before he saw the land. He thought he'd see rolling green valleys or a small city, but what he was not expecting to see were towering skyscrapers and thousands of buildings scratching on for miles.

He stumbled out of the water thinking for probably the first time that it might be safer for him on land than in the sea. The sun had set by now and the young hero just wanted to find a quiet place to rest for a bit. Heaving his heavy backpack more securely onto his back, Percy wondered into the city. It was unlike any metropolitan area he had ever been in before. Neon signs practically light the streets and alleyways and junk littered the ground in a way that made Manhattan look clean.

Percy passed an inn, but after digging around in his pockets and only finding a few golden drachmas, he decided to keep moving. Weariness began to drag him down and he decided to simply duck into a small alley. He was thinking about trying to climb up onto one of the rooftops when several figures appeared blocking the exit. Percy sighed. He could tell by their awful taste in clothing, tattoos, and baseball bats that they were thugs.

They began to move towards him swinging their bats experimentally. "Poor kid has wandered into our turf." One of them snickered.

Percy just signed again. So far, he really wasn't liking this world. It seemed to be full of annoying mortals who don't know when to stop.

"That bag looks pretty heavy. Why don't we take it off your hands for ya." Another one of the thugs said.

Percy didn't even reach for Riptide. He took one step forward intending to just beat the crap out of them then find a place to sleep, but a shadow appeared behind the deadbeats. They didn't even have a chance to react before the figure knocked them all over the head with a large pipe.

Then the figure stepped forward and Percy was it was a young woman with platinum bland hair in two high pigtails. One was partially dyed blue while the other one was part pink. She tossed the pipe over to the side before turning her attention to Percy.

"Hey Puddin'! Kinda seemed like you were in a bit of a pickle ther'."