[07] I DON'T LIKE SATURDAYS (PART TWO)

AN HOUR AND a half had passed since the group arrived at [Y/N]'s house

AN HOUR AND a half had passed since the group arrived at [Y/N]'s house. Yet, Saiki felt like he was seated on that uncomfortable sofa —next to Nendou's big body— for two weeks.

The conversation between Toritsuka and [Y/N] went smoothly through the entire time. She began to relax once Reita took her favorite snacks out of his bag and offered them to her. However, interrupting his plans of "having a moment," Nendou and Kaidou threw themselves at the table when their eyes caught a glimpse of the tasty food.

Though Toritsuka couldn't complain, after all. He was having a pleasant conversation with the so-called "love of his life," without Saiki, or anyone, interrupting them. However, despite her friend's desires, [Y/N] wished for Kusuo to talk to her. Certainly, Toritsuka was great fun to talk to, but she hadn't precisely invited him over today. Nor wanted to expend the evening either.

Toritsuka Reita was unique, per se. No one really liked him, except for [Y/N]. He was generally perceived as a pervert who chased girls around the school —which was true, most of the time. And he was often seen talking alone, claiming to be speaking to ghosts or spirits. Some people believed him, while others don't.

But the worst thing about him was his crush on [Y/N]. Though she looks oblivious about it, the entire school knew! —including Saiki, obviously. Which made everything worse than before, technically speaking. Reita was highly annoying because of it. He couldn't stop talking about her or trying to come up with stupid plans to win her heart.

He was basically an imbecile.

However, Saiki Kusuo was just the opposite. He was an intriguing person who had many secrets. He was frequently weird, always alone, but not lonely. Still, somehow, he managed to attract everyone around him.

Plus, Saiki was the only one who really understood [Y/N] in a lot of ways. That was definitely his best quality, according to her.

In conclusion, who wouldn't want to be his friend? He was... perfect. Clearly, she liked Toritsuka, but Saiki was different.

[Y/N] looked over at Saiki, just for a moment. He was staring at Nendou doing a stupid competition against Kaidou (something about who could hold more sweets inside their mouth). She hoped Reita would stop talking so she could go over and speak to Kusuo for maybe ten minutes in a row. And ask for forgiveness as well.

"[Y/N], are you listening to me?" asked Toritsuka, making her twist around to face him again.

"Oh, yes. Sorry, please continue," she answered, unamused.

Damn it, Reita. You couldn't choose a more awful day to come here! I'm seriously hating you right now.

Saiki turned to see [Y/N], knowing she had already stopped staring. Her fake smile had faded, and now just an annoyed look was there instead. He frowned and made a grimace, feeling his stomach shrink.