TWENTY-TWO

So

So...Carter hasn't spoken to me in a few days.

I really fucked this whole situation up. I should've listened to Paola, I should've listened to Justine. I should've listened to Cyrus when he was shading me I should've listened to Jesse himself when they told me that I should've told Carter.

I feel like I have no right to be mad but I can't help that I am because Jesse didn't have to do that.

Jesse shouldn't have done what he did in front of Carter and because of that, we haven't spoken because I'm upset.

He's called my phone a few times and I just haven't answered. I called Carter a few times and he hasn't answered.

Seeing him around the office is awkward because he just genuinely ignores me when we walk past each other. Thank God there isn't that much work to do right now because considering the fact that we're co-editors and we share the same job, with the end of the month coming up and we're about to go into a new one I'm already dreading working on the next issue because we usually have each other's input.

I'll walk past him in this office and it's like he doesn't see me.

I was laying down on the couch in my office trying to take a nap. I was kind of missing going on a lunch date with Carter like we did even before we started dating.

I knew shit would happen if we dated and I knew shit would go left. I should've stood my ground and just stayed friends with him. I don't know if we're ever going to be as close as were again and that's my fault.

My phone started ringing where it laid on the floor beside the couch. I lean over a bit and look at the phone to see Jesse's new contact name flashing across the front.

'Immature Asswipe' calling...

I rested my head back on the pillow, letting the phone ring because I did not feel like hearing anything he had to say right now.

But of course like he's been doing every day he continues to call and call and my phone keeps ringing and ringing and it's annoying.

But after twenty minutes of hearing my phone vibrating and ringing, I do get tired. I still would rather not hear his voice but he continues to leave voicemails, I keep seeing the notifications of it popping up after the phone stops ringing each time.

The phone rings again and I lean over and grab the phone that's sitting on the ground, and I hesitantly press the green button.

Putting the phone up to my ear, I say, "Hello?"

I hear a loud sigh on the other side, "It's about fucking time. Why haven't you been answering me?" he says gruffly into the phone

"Wasn't it obvious?" I ask him not to understand why heaven asked that in the first place.

"You're still upset over that? If anything I did both of us a favor," he says and I raise both of my eyebrows in shock and confusion

"What favor did you do for me that I should be so thankful for? Breaking another man's heart?"