thirty-two

hi my loves

sorry for the wait! chapter 33 will also be up within the next few days. i'm not sure yet if it'll be sunday or monday, but i'll let you know on instagram. btw chapter 33 is...... not one you'll want to miss

before we get into the chapter, I just wanted to clear up a few things re: obliviation. the obliviation rules are different in the books and movies (hermione does not use "obliviate" on her parents in the books), and here i've changed them a tiny bit too to fit the story. i've mentioned that before but i think sometimes people skip the author's notes lol

so, just to recap: 1. obliviation is irreversible. 2. hermione did not use it on her parents 3. if memories are extracted before "obliviate" is cast, they can be restored.

d r a c o

He wanted to yell. Wanted to scream at the stars for paving this path. Wanted to take Belly's hand and run away with her -

But if there was one thing he knew by now, it was that the world would keep taking. And taking, and taking. And he would have to wait, if he wanted it to give a little.

He wanted to kiss her again; of course he did. But it was because of his own reckless idiocy - how foolish he had been to ignore the knocks at the apartment door - that Astoria had seen her. Had barged in and laid eyes on Belly, and now everything might be ruined.

He wanted to kiss her, to pull her into his arms and never let her leave again. But he couldn't have that, for now.

So, he settled for lying in his room of green stars, one arm stretched out across the space where she had slept. For glaring into the green-tinged dark and silently cursing everyone who stood in their way.

-

i s o b e l

Isobel kicked off her shoes and unravelled Draco's scarf from her neck. She trailed through the cold, quiet house, and combed numbly through the actions of brushing her teeth, washing her face, and changing into her own pyjamas.

She lay in bed and wrapped her arms around her knees. She couldn't remember the last time she had slept in this bed. She tried to think back, tried to sift through the days and nights in her mind.

But all she could think of was Draco, and his moon-pale skin, and his palms running across her waist, her back, her thighs. His long fingers, intertwining with hers.

Hours later, she woke to someone shaking her vigorously. The usual jolt of panic coursed through her as she fluttered open her eyes. She tried to focus on her surroundings, wondering what could possibly be wrong, now.

But a sheet of flaming red hair hung over her. Isobel lay back and closed her eyes again. "Hi, Ginny."

"Morning, sunshine." She felt Ginny sit down beside her, on the edge of the bed. "Malfoy sent me to see you."

Isobel opened her eyes. "He did?"

"He said to tell you that his mother has dragged him out for the day - Christmas shopping or something -" Ginny raised a shoulder. "I don't really remember. Anyway, he gave me strict instructions to be your bodyguard, and I fear if I don't, he will skin me alive. So here I am."

"He wrote to you?"

Ginny nodded. "He and I have been corresponding so much, recently. It's very strange."

Isobel sat up. She scanned the sill of the window that Draco had once stood by, had helped her climb through. Sure enough, a small, white piece of parchment rested there. She smiled, and reached out to open the window. "I got one, too."