Thirty-Nine|The Campbell's

"I'm too heavy

"I'm too heavy. Let's just take an Uber."

Kira eyebrows scrunch up. He's been doing that's since the moment I mentioned it this morning after his workout.

"I am Kira. There's no way you'll be able put me in the truck. What if you injure your back? Worst you drop me by accident."

"Detka I picked you up last night when I carried you to the bathroom."

I know.

"Yes but that's different." Exhaling deep in frustration, becuase he won't listen to me. Kira claims he'll continue picking me up even though I'm seven and a half months pregnant with twins.

I know crazy. But that's my Kira.

Wondering where we're going? My parents are coming for Thanksgiving weekend. Kira promised we'll pick them up from the airport. Hence our little disagreement right now. Sometimes he can be so stubborn about the weirdest things.

"How is that different baby? Please make me understand."

I hate when he has this tone of voice. Like he just wants to fu>k me into submission. Not that I'd hate if he did but that's not the point. Kira is normally the most agreeable man, so I'm confused why he's making such a big deal about this.

"Kira please. Can't we take an Uber? I can barely get out of bed without assistance or bend over to put on my shoes myself becuase I'm so big. I really don't think you should be lifting me up so high. I want us to be safe honey. I don't want you to strain yourself, Hmm."

He threads his fingers through his long hair annoyed at me for what I said. Not meaning to but distracting me with the action. His hair is one of my favorite features about him and he knows it. I'm pretty sure that's the real reason he's decided to grow it out.

"Detka... Okay. Fine I'll call us an Uber. Happy."

He's so annoyed but it's the right thing to do.

"Yes thank you."

He walks off after mumbling what I believe is a curse word in Russian. I'll let him cool off. Later tonight I'll ask what's going on with him. Why he kept pushing this? I know it's his thing, picking me up to put me in his truck, but my situation has changed. He needs to understand that.

I sit waiting for him. While I do text mom about their itenary.

>>>>

"Are you okay?" I whisper so the driver won't hear.

Kira hasn't said a word since he came out saying the Uber is outside. I had mumbled okay trying not to pour salt onto his wounds. Back to the present.

He doesn't answer just squeeze my hand. I don't push it. We're definitely talking about this later. I don't believe you should end your day upset with your significant other. That's something my dad always instilled in me. He always made sure to make up with mom whenever they bicker.