CHAPTER-TWENTY-THREE

LUNCH🍲🥘

I don't think I can eat anymore I plop down on the chair feeling like a stuffed turkey. " If I put anymore food in my mouth I'm going to burst." Everyone chuckles at my silliness. " I haven't seen Fred since the whole dinner thing. where is he?" I ask Mommy. "He got a call the day after the dinner about his aunty in New York, She's really sick and I don't think she has a lot of time left. So his been spending time with her and I don't really know when his going to come back." She responds. "That's awful." I tell her. "Anyway enough about the sad tuff. Bubble why aren't you in school?" Josh asked. " After my high school experience here. I didn't want to go back at school but mama,papa and Ace didn't want that so I went to school luckily Xavier and Becky we're there for me. I wasn't really invested in going to college so I decide to take a year gap, I'll go back next year when I know I what I want." I finish. "I'm happy your still going next year how about you guys?" He asks Becky and Xavier. "I'm taking a year gap too I'll be starting next year I just didn't want to go this year." She replies. " I'm in my second year." Xavier adds. " I'm going to the bathroom room before I pee pee myself." I announce getting up." No one wants to know you weirdo." Josh states in a disgusted tone it makes me Laugh. Since the boys aren't home I decide to use the bathroom in my former bedroom. I open the door walking into room stopping to look around it hasn't changed. Everything seems to be exactly as I left it. The covers look like they're changed every time not a tint of dust is found anywhere I'm impressed.

I quickly use the bathroom and wash my hands. I'm about to leave when I feel a buzz at the back pocket of my jeans I retrieve my phone to see whose texting me I expect to see Ace or Mama but it wasn't. What the hell.

Bella's pov

I walk out of my bedroom and find the door to heather's bedroom is open. Whose there? Maybe it's Mrs Lisa. Mom always has it cleaned twice a week, she's being doing that ever since she left.When I check whose inside I find Heather standing looking at her phone. Who the hell sent me this? I hear her mumble. I know it's bad manners to eavesdrop on other people's conversations but I can't help it. I push the door a little making my presence known,she doesn't hear me enter, Because she's worrying over something on her phone whoever she's talking to. When she finally looks up her face quickly changes to a blank expression. She raises an eyebrow waiting for me to talk. "Hey, I thought someone was here I just came to check." I blurt out. "Yeah I should leave now." She walks past me. "Heather wait!" I shout, she stops mid walk. " I-I wanted to apologize for the way I treated you." I tell her and I see her slightly tense at my apology. "I should've tried to defend you somehow and not let them treat you like that." I add. I wait for her to say anything. But she walks out without saying anything. I sigh, I deserve that I know it wasn't going to be easy but I had to try I would be pissed too if I we're her. But I'm  definitely not going to give up.

Heather's pov

I go back outside Pretending like nothing happened. "Hey what took you so long?" Becky asked. "I got lost in my room." I reply with a playful shrug. She gives me a pointed look but says nothing she knows something is up and I'm going to have to spill, I'm thankful for her because she's like the sister I've never had. I've always wanted a sister. One I could share everything with. I thought I would have that when I came here and met Bella but that didn't go as planned. Speaking about Bella I can't believe she tried to apologize for what she did I know she wasn't really involved but she's as guilty as the rest of them.
" Bubble why don't we go out tomorrow just like old times what do you think?" He looks at me for an answer. "That's a great idea but is it okay if Becky joins us?" He nods but when he looks at Becky he smiles. I turn to look at Becky and she's blushing. Xavier and i share a look. And I'm not the only one that noticed. Okay that's something.

Mason's pov

As soon as I enter house I hear laughter coming from the garden. I walk out to see who it belongs to. Mum, Josh, Heather and the other two she lives with I would ask but I don't really care. Just seeing her smile like this brings joy to my heart. I just wish I could make her smile more. "Hey baby how was work?"Mum asks breaking me out of thought. I look up and find everyone staring at me. "Uhmm it was great I just decided to come home a little early." I reply. " That's great baby why don't you join us." She tells me. I face Heather but she looks the other way avoiding my gaze while the other two and Josh are glaring at me. I don't think I'm welcomed " No I don't think that's necessary." Josh says harshly.

Heather's pov

Everything was going great till Mason showed up. "I don't remember ever asking you for an invitation." Mason says his voice full of distaste. "That's because we don't need to give you one to know that your not welcomed." He States back. "Something you want to tell me." Mason's anger threatening to appear. " Boys let's not do this." Mom warns giving them both a hard glare. "Mom are you siding with him we all know he never cared about Heather so why start now" He  reels in anger. " Shut up Josh no one asked for your opinion." He retorts. " Okay let's come down." I get up trying to diffuse the situation. " Heather." Mason calls. " Don't. Mason just don't." I shut him up with a glare. He was never there for me at all so I don't expect him to be here now. His eyes look at me with a twinge of hurt. I turn to face an angry Josh and mom not liking the feeling of guilt that's slowly creeping up. I look at them smiling slightly." I think we need to go home now. It's getting late I'll see you tomorrow." I tell them. They nod giving me a hug. " Let's go baby sis." Xavier gently pushes us past mason and I feel his eyes on me as we leave.

Who do you think texted heather?
Please enjoy this chapter
I'm sorry if you find any mistakes.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment

Byeeeeeee 👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋 🦋🦋🦋