five.

𝐒oleil finally typed the last word of her paper before sighing and submitting it

    𝐒oleil finally typed the last word of her paper before sighing and submitting it. She went to college majoring in psychology and minoring in political science.

She wanted to be a therapist. She believed that therapists nowadays, didn't actually take enough time in understanding their patients.

She felt as if they were very judgmental and were only here for the pay. Which in most cases was true.

All Soleil wanted was to understand her patients and help them better themselves and elevate. She wanted to help them find peace.

Just as she was about to relax for a while since she took the day off, her phone rung making her suck her teeth.

" Hello?" she answered obviously annoyed that her relaxing time had to be interrupted.

" Hi Soleil? It's Marisa from the dinner. I'm sorry sweetie but you have to come in today. For some reasons it's very busy today and we need some more waitress" she sighed.

" Okay and what that has to do with me? Do you know how many months it's been since I took a day off? Of course you don't, it's been eight months. Eight months since I been workin' my ass off without a day to my fuckin' self!" she snapped.

Usually Soleil wasn't this snappy nor disrespectful. But the only day where she finally had time to herself had been ruined.

She was mentally and physically exhausted and was in need of a break.

" I'm sorry Soleil, but I can't do any other way"

" I'll be here in twenty" she mumbled before hanging up.

As much as she wanted to scream 'fuck this job' she couldn't. This job was the only thing keeping a roof over her head.

Unlike every other dinner in the city, this one payed pretty well. Soleil had enough to pay her rent and take care of herself once she had time on the side.

Which she understood wasn't the case for everyone, so she always stayed humble.

She changed from her shorts and sport bra to a baggy black nike tracksuit, that she styled with white G Fazos. Since she wasn't even supposed to come in today, she didn't want to dress nice.

She grabbed her phone from her nightstand before grabbing her keys and leaving out the door. She locked it behind her and made her way to the elevator.

She pressed on the down button since she wanted to go down, and waited for the elevator to stop at her level.

Once it did, she waited for the doors to open before stepping in. To her left was a young black couple that didn't look anything over thirty.

The view just made her smile, blacklove was something absolutely beautiful to her that she wishes to experience one day.

Being in love was also something that she wanted to experience.