Two

Ray was like a bundle of sunshine.

With her red hair like her Mom and eyes from her Dad she was the cutest baby. She entered this world over one year ago now and has captured all of our hearts since. Including her brooding godfather Dante.

Rodney was the most overprotective father out there and he would never admit it but that baby girl him wrapped around her tiny finger. They were the most perfect perfect family, all so in love. Tatum was still Tatum. She was still blazing around with her fiery red hair not giving a single damn about the world and Rodney was still Rodney who would follow her to the end of time. But now Tatum's Friday and Saturday nights look a little different. They look more like movie nights, home cooked meals and wiping drool off a baby's cheek. I knew she wouldn't trade it for the world though.

"Hey, I grabbed these letters that we're in front of your door on my way in." Tatum's voice drifted through the penthouse declaring her presence. I sat up from the couch moving to greet her in the hallway.

"Oh thank you, you can throw them in the entryway." I smiled at my best friend and watched as she set little Ray down on the floor in her carrier and walked to the table near the door resting the letters there.

"When are you guys finally moving? I swear to god I feel like I just hiked Mount Everest to get here." She whipped off her raincoat and hung it on the rack.

I shook my head and laughed while making my way towards Ray to bring her to the warm living room.

"You took the elevator TaTa, I don't know why you're acting like you had to actually climb all those stairs." Ray squirmed in her seat, hands flailing as I smiled down at her rosy cheeks.

"Amelia, stop deflecting from the root of the question." She rolled her eyes and moved to follow me as I lead us into the living room. "You and Dante have been talking about moving ever since we had Ray. Which has been almost a year now." She shuffled besides me on the couch to unbuckle her baby.

I plopped back down staring out the floor to ceiling windows remembering the first time I came here and did the exact same thing. How Dante sat on this couch, staring at me from behind, all while I admired a view I never thought I'd have the privilege to see let alone live by.

"Soon. We're in no rush." I said with a smile on my face.

"You two are gross." She shook her head but I could see the hint of a smile on her face as well while lifting Ray, little feet kicking, from her carrier. "At this rate I'll have two of these little things, gray hair and a house of my own before you both make a big move." She set Ray down between her legs carefully, making sure her little neck was supported in the space between her legs.

"Speaking of people who are moving slow, which we are NOT, we are just taking our time. When is Rodney going to pop the question huh?" I wiggled my brows at her when she looked over.

"Don't you think I've been asking the same thing? I mean I birthed his child through my own vagina and he still hasn't gotten down on one knee." She shook her head and turned to Ray again.

I knew she and Rodney had a complicated relationship, and are doing things a bit backwards because of Ray, but I also knew they were madly in love. I saw it on their faces like I did with Dante and myself.

"Well, enough about what if's. Let me see my goddaughter."

She slowly reached under Ray's body and lifted her little body up, placing her in my outstretched arms. I brought Ray into my right arm, nestling her head in my elbow being sure to support her body. She was dressed in a maroon onesie and was a bundle of warmth.

We sat with Ray for awhile. We entertained her with toys and tried to get her down for a nap but she refused. I told Tatum that's all from her and she just secretly flipped me the middle finger. Proving my point further.