bonus chapter number 3

Sage Williams

Sage Williams

As I was gazing upon the field of dandelions I couldn't help but think of the strange boy I had met yesterday. His name is written down, Blaise—were we friends? I sure hoped that we were friends. I went home yesterday to tell mom and dad as we ate mounds of cake.

This weekend we were having a welcoming party for my family and my uncle. It was supposed to be a celebration with cake and we were test tasting. My two siblings were apparently too cool for the cake which was completely fine by me. That meant more cake for me, mommy, and daddy.

School today was fun, we had lunch after recess which meant I was running out of my energy now and then going to eat my energy back. I could already smell my afternoon snooze after I got home from school tonight.

If and only if nobody had any practices and I could just sleep in mom and dad's room all day.

Mom and dad had these cool automatic curtains and they had lights where if you clapped they would turn off and on—god everything about my parents was just so cool.

But more importantly, I couldn't wait to go home and snuggle Ted.

Ted was the fat orange tabby cat that I had found at the shelter for my birthday. Dad took me and we surprised mom with him. This resulted in Stella screaming because nobody got her a cat when Mimi died.

Oh well, you snooze you lose Stella.

It was okay though because Ted got enough love from everyone, including Slater. Although, Slater liked dogs. This is why we have a dog named Fred.

Ted and Fred.

They hated each other but that's okay because, at the end of the day, everyone in the house liked cats when only one person truly liked dogs. But still, I snuck Fred some cake last night when mom and dad weren't looking.

Everyone deserves a piece of cake.

Exiting the field of dandelions I walked over to my milkweed, inspecting for any new caterpillar friends that had decided to join the party. Staring at the one that I had picked up yesterday, I reached for him again. Placing him in my palm I felt his smooth fur tickle my fingers.

My friend only friend playing with me at recess.

Until my body got hit. "Oof!" I hit the milkweed. I felt the body pull itself off of me. "Je m'excuse" He mumbled as he held out a hand to me. I raised my eyebrows, "Hey! Blaise!" I shouted his name in excitement.

His eyebrows raised as his face flushed pink. "I'm sorry I hit you," He spoke as I smiled.

"It's okay. Hit me anytime." He gave me a confused look as I continued to smile at him.

"Blaise! Let's go! Grab the ball and go!" I heard Slater yelling behind him.

Oh, I frowned.

Of course, that is why he hadn't come to play today. Blaise looked down towards the ground and my eyes followed. The brown football laid in the middle of the milkweed. He reached down to grab it and I frowned.