Chapter 2: Unexpected meeting

Killer watched as the knight walked away, with her name written down on a list. She was able to eavesdrop on almost the whole conversation... it went something like this:

Knight: Mr. Target Mrs. Target, what have you agreed on?

Mr. Target: our daughter will participate in the contest. The knight chuckled a bit in victory, Killer was able to hear him scribble something down in the paper.

Mrs. Target: Under one condition. warned Mrs. Target.

Knight: Which is?

Mr. Target: If we are killed, let our daughter and son live in the castle. There was a long moment of silence.

Knight: I'm sure the king and queen won't mind.

That's all Killer could hear before she gasped and had to run to her room before she was caught. Killer sat in the darkness of her room with her pajamas on staring out at the starry night. She wondered what it would be like being a queen, not like she wanted to but if she finished being what would it be like?

~

It has been two weeks since Killer was noted down. Maids, butlers, and knights have come in to check on the family. Killer did her best to be nice but two times they really pissed her off. One maid finished stuck in the wall with knives stuck in her clothing.

The maid was trying to make a corset - which clearly was already very tight - tighter around her body. There were still some markings left but less noticeable. The maids also whispered about her. They whispered that she was either too fat or too thin, this truly annoyed Killer. She could also hear sometimes when they talked about other girls being extremely thin. She heard something as to have to give them special types of clothes to give them fake chests and fake b*tts.

After Killer's name was put on the list she couldn't wear a hoodie anymore to hide from anyone. Her hair was normally well done and tied up, she was normally wearing dresses, and had some make-up on but very little since she didn't like wearing make-up. Plus the maids didn't see much need to add make-up to her.

~

Killer was outside her house sitting under a tree, she was reading a book. She sighed knowing that she wouldn't be able to help her father sell things anymore, she loved helping her parents plus she got easily bored now.

"Killer!" a voice called, the young lady looked up. Her father was waving his arms at her, she waved back and got up, she walked over to him.

"How was the sale today?" Killer asked as she walked next to her father.

"It was great, I sold everything" Mr. Target smiled, Killer smiled back. "Also I wanted to tell you that the princes might come to visit us every once in a while," Mr. Target said, his voice becoming sterner.

"O-oh... when?" asked Killer.

"No idea I'm sorry, but stay ready and don't get anything dirty, don't you dare shapeshift" Mr. Target warned. Killer nodded and went inside the house, she would need to quickly clean her dress.

The rest of the day went on just fine... Killer was still worried. Meeting the princes was a big deal, especially since they weren't supposed to be able to be seen unless after marriage. The kingdom had very strange rules but they were to ensure safety and 'equality.

Days passed, more maids kept on coming to make sure Killer was being a "lady". Soon Mr. Target found out when they would come and when they wouldn't, he gave the information to Killer so she knew when she could just relax and when she should be prepared. But most of the time she was prepared since his father wasn't able to find out when the princes were coming.