4.

😈

[ I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.💕]

Little by little, Chief Stanley managed to piece all the evidence together. He sat at his desk with a burning cigar that was settled in the ashtray. A glass of gin wasn't too far either. He'd decided to get himself as comfortable as possible while examining the information before him.

There were explicit pictures of Detective Newton and Officer Tilly. They were disturbing to the chief because he didn't expect his employees to behave in such a vulgar way. Also, seeing nudes was so out of the ordinary for Stanley. He was an older man, approximately in his seventies. Nudes weren't popular when he was younger.

Sexual contact between workers was not tolerated at the sixty-third precinct. Yes, it was legal, but Stanley had a strict policy on what to do and what not to do. They couldn't be fired because of their relations, but a report could be made. The chief paused for a moment as he held his ink pen in his right hand; There was still a bigger issue at hand.

Tilly admitted to participating in various criminal activities with a few suspects. Malcolm's name was mentioned, but he wasn't guilty of anything. She never confessed about his dark businesses. Her only mention was of him being targeted by Seema Devoe.

Stanley would not let this situation slide. For months, the homicide team worked hard on trying to crack murder cases, and the sex trafficking cases were overflowing and being passed on to better law agencies due to lack of resources. Still...the evidence was stale. 

The chief looked over at his analog clock while touching his scruffy beard. It was eight-thirty at night. He felt like he had enough time to make a quick phone call.

Exposing Newton and Tilly would put the sixty-third precinct at risk for negative opinions and possibly penalties. Stanley didn't seem to care about it. He figured the sex trafficking case would overshadow the news of his employees having sexual relations.

The chief held his antique house phone up to his ear as he grabbed his ballpoint once again. Stanley wasted no time jotting down specific names in his notepad.

Seema Devoe
Hank Armstrong
And plenty more suspects. Approx. over 1,000.

▲▲▲

         Jersey held her hand out, revealing a few grapes in her hand. She reached out and waited patiently for an outcome.

"Be careful," Malcolm whispered in her ear as he stood behind her.

"I'm cautious." She whispered with a smile on her face. "He's coming over. Look, baby."

Jersey watched in awe as the red panda tiptoed over in curiosity. He sniffed around Jersey's fingers before stepping closer.

"He's nearing you." One of the zookeepers announced, stating the obvious. "This is Casper. He's usually shy. I'm surprised he's coming close to you."

Casper, the red panda, finally picked one grape from her palm. He stuffed it in his mouth and chewed on it vigorously before grabbing the rest and leaving.

After watching the red pandas for a while, they moved on to a different animal. Jersey felt at ease, and she seemed to be enjoying herself. The couple had nothing to do, so they both decided to spend the day together.

Jersey wanted to go to the zoo since she'd never been. Malcolm was against it until he noticed the bad attitude steaming right from his woman. Immediately, he switched up and purchased the tickets for them. In the end, he was glad he went with her. They had a lot of fun—he didn't expect that.