Ch 335: Don't Look

Lin Ye had never seen such a strange creature. If he has to guess, it was approximately three or four meters tall. Its body had the appearance of plastic, like a plasticine model that a kindergarten child would make in class. But it was clear that it was sentient, as its giant eyes which occupied almost half of its head moved around observing the group.

For Lin Ye, it looked terrifying, like a monster straight from hell. But before the creature could even move or act, it was set ablaze .

Skyfire, who had reacted swiftly to the creature's emergence, struck it with her Arts technique. The flames that rapidly fell from the sky spontaneously engulfed the giant creature's body in flames, causing it to burn in a luminous expanse, illuminating the dark rainy night.

The large creature that was currently aflame, shrieked out a soul crushing screech that almost tore apart their minds. Lin Ye has never heard such a wail, it was as if two blades were rubbing against each other.

While it was struggling, the flames continued to tear through its body piece after piece, rapidly kindling the entire tent surrounding them.

"Move!" Lin Ye shouted, "Get out now!"

Actually, there is no need for him to shout, because most of the people present are experienced combat operators. After seeing this scene, they reacted as soon as possible.

Matoimaru slashed the side of the tent creating an emergency exit for the group, which everyone quickly exited through. It didn't take long for the tent to collapse after their retreat, as the giant creature fell but showed no sign of succumbing to death so soon.

The creature strived to survive, while at the same time roaring to show its defiance to the heavens above.

"What the hell is that? What kind of creature is that?" Matoimaru looked at the creature in front of her and couldn't help but ask, "Is that a "Deep Sea" creature?"

"It's also possible that it's the Deep-sea's drone No.2" Skyfire said, "But it must have come from the deep sea. I've never seen anything like this on land".

Magallan also couldn't believe her eyes, she was stunned, and could only mutter in astonishment "This is too... unreal."

"It's not just the things in the deep sea that are unreal." Blue Poison spoke up, "Even I sometimes have a hard time understanding what is happening in the deep sea. On the other hand at least they've never seen flames. Miss Skyfire, please continue to attack it".

"Huh? Keep attacking? What are you talking about?" Skyfire frowned, "The creature is already nearing their demise, what's the point in further wasting my energy?"

Blue Poison simply disputed her "It's not the main body, it's just a puppet. Just like what you said earlier, it was sent out by it's master to test us."

"So?" Skyfire raised her eyebrow questioningly.

"So we must send a message that we are at the same level as it, or better yet that it poses no threat to us" Blue Poison quickly explained. "The larger creatures in the deep sea, the longer they live, the more powerful they become. They can survive in such a cruel food chain due to this reason, but also because they are very intelligent and know how to evaluate the best means of survival."

"What do you mean..." Skyfire then slowly grasped what she was trying to say.

"If the main body feels threatened by us through their puppet, it might let us go?" Skyfire guessed.

"It's not letting us go. It just missed the hunt tonight" replied Blue Poison. "The creatures of the deep sea and the creatures on the land have some things in common. The more powerful a creature is, the weaker creatures don't dare to contend with the stronger ones over food. It's not a question of fear, but survival of the fittest.

Matoimaru slapped her hands in realization "Is it even possible for it to have such a high intelligence?"

"If it didn't, we wouldn't be forced to the point where we are now."

Skyfire looked at her "Really? That being the case, I think I understand now."

While talking, she raised her staff to the "puppet" who was still struggling in the fire, and slowly closed her eyes. Then very slowly, her hair started to float.

A stream of hot air burst forth from her body, and even in the wet weather, people standing next to her had to move a few steps to avoid getting too close to her and risk being burned by the fire-like aura around her.

With this being Lin Ye's first time seeing her make such a move, she directly smashed a fireball down upon the creature. He originally thought that she would smash a bigger fireball down, but he did not expect that she would do something even better.

When she opened her mouth to start her spell, everyone felt the ground beneath them loosen. Before everyone could react, they saw one stone after another being stripped from the ground by an invisible force, as well as the strange floating stones igniting profoundly.

In front of everyone's awed eyes, the small smoldering stones collided with one each, molding into what looked like a meteorite from a distance.

"This... what is this?" Lin Ye has never seen such an ability.

Wait... Is she going to do a Madara?!!

Skyfire slowly opened her eyes, and her body temperature suddenly rose exponentially. It was so hot that even her clothes were lit on fire.

"Heaven! Miss Skyfire!" Magallan shouted, "Your clothes!"

"I don't have time to care!" Skyfire called out loudly, "I want that monster from the deep sea to see my true strength!".

At that moment, the meteor burned violently hot, as the fire illuminated everything around it. It was like a miniature sun hanging in the night sky.

"The rays of the skies will set you aflame!"

She yelled again and then waved her staff down. The burning Meteor followed her movement and flew straight down.

Everyone's eyes widened. It crashed straight at the "deep sea" puppet that is still struggling in the flame. At that moment, The "puppet" uttered the sharpest scream, but it lasted less than a second before being suppressed by the huge vibration. Like an earthquake, the entire coastline trembled. At the same time, a stronger heat wave rushed towards them, almost knocking everyone down.

"Kyaa!!"

"Magallan!"

Fortunately Lin Ye pierced Maple into the ground and held Magallan in his arms. With Maple acting as his anchor, he was barely able to withstand the permeating wave. In the end everyone else seemed to be alright.

The temperature around them was still scorching hot . Lin Ye felt like he was in a sauna. He felt like he was unable to breathe. Was this the power of Skyfire? Lin Ye didn't expect that her power would be so great.

On the outside, she looked like nothing more than an arrogant young lady who only had as much power to bind a chicken. But just now she had casually summoned a meteor, crushed the "deep-sea puppet" to pieces, and incinerated it into pieces.

He looked at Skyfire but Magallan, who was still in his arms, jumped up and covered his eyes "Dr. Lin Ye! Don't look!"

But it was already too late. Lin Ye had already seen Skyfire's naked figure through Magallan's fingers.

He immediately closed his eyes and unzipped his hoodie. He then held it out in front of him "I didn't see anything."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by SM

Edit by Jaq