- { Prologue } -

17 years ago

     Waves enveloped the home in a blanket of heat. Smoke billowing through the air, making anyone who inhaled, choke. Screams were heard over the loud noises of distress. Wooden support beams falling, blocking people from making sure their loved ones were safe. The cries of a child, not even a week old could be heard from throughout the house. Men and women running frantically, trying to get to the cherished child.

     All the while, two men were climbing through the window of a nursery. "Are you sure this is the right room?" A burnette man asked.

"I'd say so." The other replied, pointing at wooden letters hanging on the wall above a crib. 

     Not a sound came from the child. For she was far too fascinated by the bright color of the flames to acknowledge the ruckus around her. The baby girl cooed as she heard her mother, father, uncles and aunts, all trying to get to her older twin sister who was crying in her room down the hall.

"Nikkolijah Seraphina Mikaelson." The raven haired man spoke the name of the child, causing her to look in his direction. She smiled at the two men as her eyes began to glow two separate colors. As her eyes glowed the flames parted, creating a path for the men to get to the child's crib.

     The green eyed man warily picked up the small infant and held her close to his chest as he and his brother made their way back towards the open window.

     The blue eyed man slid into the front seat of a blue 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible, whilst the other slid into the passengers side, still holding the baby in his arms. "Let's go home." The driver said as he put the car in drive and sped off of the property of the enemy.