Chapter 5: You have no right

Y/N let out a breath of irritation. Not because they had been 'caught' outside of Yelena's room, but because it was Wanda who they were met with when it happened.

"Yelena and I stayed up to see the stars. I was just making sure she got back to her room safely. What are you doing up?" Y/N asked.

Wanda furrowed her eyebrows in what seemed like disbelief at what Y/N had just said, "Yeah, uh, I was just going to get some water from the kitchen."

Y/N didn't feel the need to continue the conversation after that and turned to start walking to their room.

"You must've had fun though," Wanda said.

Her statement caused Y/N to almost turn around, but they continued walking to their room as they shook their head.

"Just don't do her like you did me," She said, but in a hushed voice this time.

Y/N took a deep breath before turning around and walking to meet Wanda face to face, "If I remember correctly, we were both at fault for what happened to us."

Their face was boiling red from anger now, which was the complete opposite of what they had been feeling just moments ago with Yelena.

Wanda rolled her eyes as she tried to walk past Y/N, but they didn't budge. 

"You said it didn't have to be awkward. Don't make it awkward." Y/N stated again.

She threw her head back while acting as though she hadn't done anything, "I didn't do anything, Y/N."

Typical Wanda, Y/N thought to themselves, "You really haven't changed, have you?" They asked her.

"Move before I move you, Y/N." She responded as she narrowed her eyes.

This conversation was feeling much more like the last conversation the two had two years ago. Y/N shook their head and laughed, "You're unbelievable. Goodnight, Maximoff."

Wanda had always hated when Y/N called her that and decided to throw a small, red ball at their feet which caused them to trip and almost fall face-first onto the ground. When they caught themselves and balanced back on their feet, Y/N turned quickly around to face Wanda once more.

"This is exactly why we broke up!" Y/N stated angrily in a hushed tone so that they wouldn't wake anyone up with their argument.

"Oh is that it?!" Wanda replied quietly yet forcefully, "Because if I remember correctly, we broke up because you prioritized work over us! Hell, you prioritized EVERYTHING over us!"

Y/N shook their head as they began to turn around again, but stopped to turn back quickly for one more comment, "We're not doing this again. Not two years later, not ever."

When they turned on their heel to walk back to their room, Wanda did the same and returned back to her room instead of getting the water from the kitchen as she had originally planned.

As they walked up to their door, Y/N began to feel a burning sensation in their throat that crept up to the back of their eyes, "Oh you're fucking kidding me. I'm not crying over this again," They said out loud to themselves, tilting their head back to stop the tears.

Two years had passed since they had spoken last and even though they had a decent conversation earlier in the day, this conversation had proven that they didn't miss a beat. Wanda and Y/N were right back where they were, almost as if they had time traveled.

Y/N sat in their room confused, wondering why Wanda decided to bring the past up again after telling them that they didn't have to worry about it. She even had a boyfriend, a whole boyfriend who seemed nice! They couldn't understand why she would act this way after being so nice earlier.

After a few minutes of decompressing, Y/N changed into some shorts and a t-shirt to sleep in. They laid in bed as their mind raced with the events of the day. Somehow, they had managed to have a simultaneously amazing and horrible day all at once.

Instead of focusing on the argument with Wanda, Y/N decided to pull their focus to Yelena and what they had done this evening. It was almost as though Y/N had a video on repeat in their brain of her kissing Y/N's cheek.

Even though they know they made the right decision by not letting anything happen between the two of them tonight, Y/N couldn't wipe the smile off their face at the memory of Yelena laying next to them in the grass under the stars.

That memory was quickly flooded with the thought of Wanda telling them to basically treat her better than they had treated Wanda. As the anger started boiling up again, Y/N took a deep breath in before closing their eyes for the night.

Just focus on yourself, they thought, don't fall back into the reason you left in the first place.