Unravled - Final Act

Jadon sat in a dark room, a white jacket tying his arms behind his back. Six pictures were placed on a gray table in front of him, with three men yelling at him. Asking him questions, aggravating, annoying questions. They asked him why, but he simply claimed 'they did it, not me...' so they sat down, pushing the pictures closer to him.  

"Then start from the beginning then..." 

He smirked, his voice quiet and shaky as he spoke.

It was never my fault... 

It wasn't... 

He... He said it was... 

But it wasn't...

Hello, those who chose to read this short tale. This... This is my story... before they broke me! Before thoughts went dark... and scary... Back when I had no reason to.. Smile! My... My name is Jadon Dennor... I was only fifteen when I first smiled... when they broke me...

But it was fun...

He never liked me... or mom. He said it was her fault I am... special... and it was my fault when she died! As soon as I would walk in the door, he would loosly chuck something at my head, yelling at me with slurred words. I always flinched when the object would fly past my head, running up stairs to my room. My dark... quiet room... The door never managed to mute his screaming and yelling, it muffled it enough so i could hear them. The only people that understand and talk to me now... I would sit in my small, pitch black room and listen... Listen to them laugh and talk to each other. They... They'd include me too! They would ask me questions and... and tell me stories!

My only friends since I was little... so little... I went to the doctor when I was little too... I was laid down on a big white table, and was pushed into a huge white cacoon. All of my friends tried to get me out, saying it was evil and would hurt me... but I was strapped down to the table... When mom and I got home, I asked why I went to the doctor... Mom said that I was Special... that I could make lots of friends with my mind.

So she talked about us, hmm?

But... when I asked for her to play... She said she wanted to go for a drive. She never came home that night... Her car never drove up the driveway... her pretty white car... That's when he started to yell and scream. Saying it was my fault... that being special was a bad thing... I tried to escape it at school, but it didn't get any better... Everyone looked at me funny. Even the teacher... whenever I would answer a question, or ask one, they always looked... scared... I asked the teacher one day if something was wrong with everyone... I asked if there was something wrong with me... but she just stayed quiet.

They'll never understand us... stop trying...

I only had my friends... My only friends... when I tried to talk to the other kids they always ran away, or look at me like I was crazy. It was like they didn't understand me... was I not speaking clearly? that must have been it... either way... I spent my school years away from the other kids. Quiet and unnoticed... I would sit in the back of the class; no one noticing me... I wasn't called on to answer questions anymore. I became the crazy kid at school, everyone saying that my friends didn't exist... But I'm not crazy! They do exist! I'm not crazy... Just... I'm just...

Special...

He made us move, saying "the school was complaing about me and my 'Voices'." 

They aren't voices... They are my friends! That... no one can ever see... When school started for me, I tried to act normal. Normal... I tried to ignore their taunting calls and laughs, their calm voices calling for me... It was nearly impossible, I couldn't even hear the teacher with them screaming at me! Screaming for me to talk... to laugh...