Let Me In

It was just like any other ordinary day in the apartment she is living in. But the day just brings her back to the night her so-called-boyfriend who she thought truly loved her broke her heart when she was having a surprise visit. The sight that made her insides puke, the lips that were supposed to be pressed on hers were on somebody else and that person turned out to be her sister, her own blood betrayed her. She was fooled, lied to, used and belittled. It baffled her and felt stupid for not noticing the crinkled clothes, disheveled hair and lustful stares they had for each other. She didn't confront them. Instead, she took a picture of them kissing and send it to both their families before leaving the scene.

She moved on and didn't bother to confront them despite the endless messages and calls she's been receiving. She was tired. Too tired to listen to their lies and excuses. She just wanted a person who will fill her world with happiness and not pain and disappointment. Thanks to the experience she was given, she feels terrified to let someone in and love her. She doesn't want to be in the same situation again. Her insecurities were building up rapidly that she doesn't know what to do to make herself feel better. She wants someone to love her truthfully but she's too scared to confront love again.

Her discussion of thoughts are cut off when she was startled by a loud banging on the door making her groan loudly of who the perpetrator is outside the door. Once she opened the door, she blankly stared at the woman who is sheepishly smiling like the sunshine she is while holding a plastic bag behind her back. She mentally slapped herself for making such compliment on the attractive brown-haired girl and put out a fake smile.

"May I help you, Roseanne Park?" Irritation was evident on her voice but the latter only smirked and presented the plastic bag in front of her which made her mouth water at the sight of it that boosts the ego of the taller woman.

"Actually you can by taking this bag, here you go." The younger woman shoved it into her hands which shocked the brunette and before she can rebut, Roseanne winked at her while walking backwards, "Enjoy the home cooked meal, my girl next door. I'll see you later." The Jennie Kim who is not one to like flirty people with their cheesy gifts and words had heat rising to her cheeks at how the charismatic brat said those words with her amorous, deep voice that made her insides awakened. This is not good, she thought before swaying her head at the direction, yelling at her neighbor while stuttering, "I am n-not your girl, you piece of annoyance! And I won't be seeing you later, idiot!" She slams the door, leaning her back onto it, placing her hand on her chest as her heartbeat accelerated when she heard that annoying but hypnotic laugh of that tall-legged woman. She stares at the bag on her hand, the aromatic smell of the food reaches her nose and she consciously smiled. All of a sudden, she snapped her eyes open and hit her forehead many times as she forgot one more thing.

Meanwhile on the the other side, Roseanne Park still had the wide smile plastered on her face and as she was about to fish her keys out of her pocket, she heard another door open and instantly froze when she heard a soft voice, "Thank you for the food. Have a good day." The door was immediately closed and she was left standing still stunned at the brunette's reply. The last thing she expected to hear from her neighbor is a simple thank you. Now that it happened, she couldn't help but sensed that something doesn't sit right. She noticed for the past few weeks the voluptuous woman's gloomy eyes, heavy eyebags under it, and her getting skinnier every time they bumped into each other. That's why she cooked food before she got out of work for the older woman even though, they weren't close. They have been living next to each other for only about a month and they only have been exchanging small talks. Well, it's mostly her initiating the flirting while the brunette shuts her down but that didn't stop the charming woman from talking to her.

Her frown went deeper as she realized that her beautiful neighbor is staying at her apartment these days. She can tell that something is bothering the woman and she is willing to help her but before that happens, they have to start as friends first. Chaeyoung sighed and went inside as she doesn't know how to approach the Jennie Kim without any flirtatious comments.