viii

Ashwin was blown away the moment he saw Sivaangi. She was dressed in a black Kurti, her eyes lined with kohl and that was pretty much it. But she looked insanely beautiful in his eyes. She had this natural aura about her, where no amount of makeup would affect her natural glow. She could wear the most extravagant dress out there and she would look pretty, or she could be dressed in a simple t-shirt and jeans and she'd look beautiful as well. The only thing bothering him was that she was going to dinner with someone else looking like this, instead of him. And it was someone he didn't trust.

She was talking with Pugazh, when she gave him a brilliant smile and walked over to him. Ashwin felt his breath being knocked out of his lungs seeing her up close.

"Romba azhaga iruka."

Sivaangi raised an eyebrow, impressed. "First time unga kitttenthu kekaren."

Ashwin smiled at her, "Safe ah iru."

With that she left, taking a piece of him as she did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sivaangi found Pranav to be pleasent. He treated her with respect and wasnt making her uncomfortable. It wasnt him at all. The reason she was uncomfortable was herself. Every time she looked at Pranav, she imagined someone else. It messed with her head in a way where she couldn't control it.

"Neenga yen inga vanthinga?"

Sivaangi looked up from her plate and said, "Ellam CWC season 2 contestants inga than irukanga. Reunion."

"Oh, are you guys that close?"

Sivaangi smiled, "Amam, ennoda second family mathiri. Romba close. Avang irunthale ore jolly than."

Pranav chuckled and shook his head.

"Yen sirkaringa?"

"Illa neenga inga vanthu, avangala pathi than neraiya pesirkinga," he said.

Sivaangi gave him a sheepish smile, "Sorry, I'm just very close with them."

Pranav nodded, "Sorry lam vendam. Aparam sollunga."

Sivaangi took a bite of her pasta, "Enna sollanum?"

Pranav hummed and looked around, "Unga life la yaaravthu special ah antha mathiri?"

Sivaangi raised an eyebrow at his boldness and said, "Yen kekaringa?"

"Sonninga na, athu etha mathiri nadanthupen."

Sivaangi gave out an uncomfortable laugh, "Illanga, ennaku ippo antha mathiri entha idea vum illa."

Pranav shook his head dissapointedly, "Poi sollathinga, ivalo azhaga irukinga epadi?"

Sivaangi furrowed her eyebrows, "Azhaga iruntha? Committed ah irukanuma? Azhaga iruntha single ah irukalam.'

Pranav gave her a sly smile, "Nalla pesaringa. Ungala mathiri ponunga single ah iruntha enna pandrathu."

Sivaangi rolled her eyes, she was quick to assume he wasn't going to pull out these cheesy lines. It was this kind of behavior from men that made her uncomfortable, subtle sexism, an attraction based on physical lust.

She gave him a polite smile and said, "Romba late aaiduchu la?"

Pranav hushed her and said, "Enga kelambaringa. Ungalukukaga oru suprise vechurken."

Sivaangi blinked, "Ennakagava?". Pranav nodded and beckoned over a waiter and whispered something in his ear. The waiter disappeared inside for a moment and emerged with a plate. He sat down the plate and Sivaangi was taken aback. A glazed slice of blueberry pie with frosting sat on it.

The memories of making the same dish in his kitchen flooded back into her mind like a rogue river. Stolen kisses, spilling flour everywhere, this particular dish became one of their favorite ways to spend their love. Her throat closed up and she just wanted to see him and be in his arms again.

"Ungaluku blueberry pie romba pudikumnu kelvi patten."

"Pudikum," Sivaangi answered not taking her eyes off the dish, and she wasnt sure she was referring to the pie. She couldn't think straight at this point.

Pranav was about to give her a fork when Sivaangi abruptly stood up. "I'm really sorry Pranav, this is sweet. But- I-, ennaku konjam tired ah iruku."

Pranav blinked at her in confusion, "Enna achu? Ethav-"

Sivaangi interrupted him hastily, "Athellam illa, I'm really sorry. I just need to go back to my room."

She hurriedly left the restaurant, if she was there any longer she would've had her heart burst. Pranav followed behind her and shouted,

"Sivaangi!"

Sivaangi stopped in her tracks and turned around,

'Sivaangi, did I do something wrong or say something to upset you? I'm really so-"

Sivaangi shook her head, "Illa illa, athellam illa. I'm just really tired, and it didn't feel right. I promise, unga thaappu ethum illa. I'll see you later."

Sivaangi rushed inside the block, hoping to not see Ashwin. But he was there, right in the common room. He turned to look at her as she came inside. Her stomach twisted when he looked into her eyes. She looked away as though he could see through her easily, trying to suppress her urges.

"Enna achu," he asked, now standing in front of her. Sivaangi wanted to say many things but her words were drowned in the intoxication of his gaze. Not trusting her words she simply shook her head a no. It didn't take any more for Ashwin to understand. Unable to control himself anymore, he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her into a hug. Sivaangi breathed heavily, and it felt as though everything made more sense after being in his arms again. He rested his forehead against hers, the air was thick with tension, and the question he wanted an answer stuck in his throat. Everything was quiet until Sivaangi broke the silence and said,

"Ennaku anga irukarthu seriya padala."

At that moment, he felt the world crash on his shoulders. He couldn't express the relief he felt at the moment. Something he wanted to hear for so long, fell from her lips so easily that it didn't feel real. If this was selfishness, he wanted to be the most selfish man on the planet.

"Yaaravathu paaka poronga," she muttered, and Ashwin reluctantly let her go. The mood still stayed and Sivaangi found it difficult to look into his eyes. Ashwin slowly realized that they have entered a dangerous territory and Ashwin wasnt sure if he could control himself. Sivaangi turned to look at him and he said,

"I'm sorry."

With that, he left her alone to drown in the shadows of their love.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi hi makkale!

innaiku konjam romance mood la iruntha athan!

hope you guys enjoyed it!

i was writing this listening to that bgm so if you want you can listen to it!

leave a comment if you liked and thank you so much for reading!