Chapter 60: Swayed and Coerced

~~~

They had finally arrived back at the village after walking for hours on end. With a sigh, they had made it to the Hokage Tower for their mission report.

Knocking, they were authorized to enter by Tsunade.

"Come in," stated Tsunade, her voice embedded in a powerful tone. They entered, forming a singular line right next to each other.

"The mission was successful, Hokage-sama." Kakashi took the stand, now reporting the statistics of the mission that they had been served.

"Good, I knew it was right of me to count on the three of you," responded Tsunade, a small smile appearing on her face. Kakashi continued with his report.

"We managed to take down one of the Akatsuki members, although their partner managed to escape and survive." Tsunade was back to her stern and serious look.

"I see. This is good progress. If we can take down each of the Akatsuki members one at a time, we'll stand a far greater chance." The three shinobi that stood in front of her nodded in agreement.

Managing to finish the report, they made their move to leave the Hokage Tower.

"Naruto, I need you to stay for a quick moment. There seems to be a problem is is concerning you." Naruto raised an eyebrow before nodding his head and sending a nod to both Kakashi and Sakura as they left him behind.

"What is the problem, Hokage-sama?" Asked Naruto, wondering what problem was linked towards him. With a heavy sigh, Tsunade began explaining the case at hand.

"Recently, there seems to have been a sudden change in Hyuga Hinata." Naruto now knew what the problem involving him was.

"Although not serious, she has solitated herself. It looks like she is undergoing a change due to something you did. It's not something too serious, but it is intervening with her usual activities." Naruto continued to act oblivious, hoping for a chance to move the conversation into his favor.

"And my action that is responsible for this is?" Asked Naruto, posing this question to the Hokage that sat right in front of him.

"Your words. Over time, she left out small notes of paper that told us what happened. And it so seems that she overhead you declaring that you couldn't reciprocate her feelings." Naruto stayed silent, letting Tsunade continue what she wanted to say.

"And, so we thought that the only way to fix this is by digging to the very roots of the problem. You. Only you can fix this." Naruto looked at her.

"How? By reciprocating her feelings? You know I can't do that." Tsunade sighed, shaking her head as she aligned the papers on her desk.

"No, that's not what we want you to do. We only ask you to simply talk to her - to repair things so they could at least appear normal." Naruto let out a sigh that he didn't know he was holding until now.

Seeing no reason to deny the request, Naruto accepted it.

"Fine, but I have no guarantees that me doing this will work," told Naruto to Tsunade, making her lips curve into a small, but warm smile.

"Thank you, Naruto. I want this done by tomorrow evening." Naruto nodded, walking out of the office, then soon the whole Hokage Tower. As he was walking through town, he caught sight of a familiar face.