Chapter Six: Carpool

⚠️ WARNING: ⚠️
Suggestive content and language

"No fucking way."

"You have to show your presence." Bruce insists, glaring at the ghost. 

"And I'm telling you to fuck off."

"Is that the only curse word in your vocabulary? It's always 'F' this and 'F' that," Bruce starts, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "You're such a child."

"Oh, you would like that, wouldn't you? Another child for you to mold into another fucking child soldier." Dan scoffs, sneering at the billionaire. "Would you stop bitching if I was another starry eyed brat that called you dad? There's something wrong with you, Wayne."

"Wrong with me— you asked me to make you an ID so you wouldn't rely on me for income." 

"Yeah, only after you said I couldn't use my powers to steal from crooked businessmen and shit."

"Just because they're crooked, doesn't mean all of their money goes to their questionable activities. They have to pay their workers, or support their families." 

"Great, mom and dad are fighting again." Dick sighs as he walks past the living room in a police uniform. He ruffles Damian's hair on his way out and high fives Steph. "Good luck." He calls over his shoulder before leaving the Manor. 

"Father," Damian interrupts, gaining the billionaire and the ghost's attention. "If we do not depart in the next ten minutes, we will be late." 

Bruce narrows his eyes on Dan, adjusting his tie. "Just take them to school." He orders, taking a gold watch from Alfred and clasping it around his wrist. "And they better not be late." He walks past Dan and heads out with Alfred in tow, the butler being his chauffeur. 

"Spoiled brat." The ghost huffs, blowing out a steam of air before collecting his anger and pushing it down for later when he could take it out on villains. It was hard to find an outlet for his rage, especially since Clockwork made it difficult to hurt anyone. Then there's still the case about his debt. He groans, curling his upper lip and showcasing his teeth. He still had fangs, but they weren't as long as his ghost form. 

Everyday he was noting the differences. And each day he was growing more... domesticated. Just last night he finally accepted Steph's invite to game night. And actually enjoyed himself. Spirits, he was growing soft. And he'd only been here for three weeks! 

But he was still Dan, okay? The monster, the one who ruled the world! He wasn't completely soft yet, and he'd be damned if he'd let it happen without a fight. He still hated everyone... okay, maybe he allowed himself to not entirely dislike the speedster and would meet up with him whenever he felt like.  

Okay, and he didn't entirely dislike one Stephanie Brown. But that was it! Everyone else he would kill in a heartbeat. 

"Are you going dressed like that?" Speaking of the blonde. He turns to face her as she adjusts her Gotham Academy blazer, her skirt and button down perfectly pressed and not a wrinkle in sight. Dan was convinced Alfred wasn't human. 

He looks down at his muscle tee, ripped skinny jeans that hugged his muscles legs, and biker boots. Then looks back at her. "No," He replies, "I'm going to wear my leather jacket too."

Steph gives him an unamused frown, "This is Gotham Academy, not some sketchy bar you like to start fights in." She looks him up and down in disapproval, shaking her head at his wild hair in its usual messy mullet-like hairstyle. "You should wear a suit. And maybe brush your hair."