55. Suggestions

"You lied," I said, once Jimin and Taehyung left the room. "If you had a plan, you would have told them."

"I do have a plan, I just need to foolproof it," he said. "I could do with some feedback."

"Sure," I shrugged. "You want me to send Namjoon? He is really smart."

"I think you'd help more, if that's okay with you. You seem to have a better sense of ruling a country than I do," he said, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips.

"You just need help. I'm sure your mates would be more than happy to help you," I said, taking a seat on the chair across his. "So what's the plan?"

"It's... not a good plan," he started. "I was planning on eliminating the entire South."

"You... want to kill an entire community- no, my bad. You want to kill an entire country?" I asked, baffled by such a plan.

"I know," Seokjin whined, slumping back into his seat. "There are so many benefits from eliminating the South, but they're all still people. It's against my morals!"

"Can you call Yoongi in here? I may have a plan, but I need more insight," I said, brainstorming a plan. I wordlessly grabbed a notepad and a pen from his table and started sketching to brainstorm more efficiently. However, before Seokjin could respond, the door burst open and everyone fell in. I turned around and stared at the tangled bunch with a blank face. "How much did you hear?"

"Nothing," Seokjin said, curtly. I pursed my lips, he was obviously upset about their attempt at eavesdropping. "The office is soundproof. Didn't I tell you both to go to your rooms?"

"Well, we met the others halfway, so we tagged along," Taehyung defended.

"We want to help," Hoseok cut in before another argument broke out. I looked at Seokjin to encourage him to make the decision. The more independent and strict he was, the better he would get at making decisions. Starting with his mates was probably one of the best ways to do that.

"Alright," Seokjin caved in.

"Under what circumstances does the South get a new leader?" I asked Yoongi as they took their seats around the office.

"Mainly the incompetence of the current leader. But it must be a really severe case. If the leader is too incompetent with no qualities at all, they might eliminate them," he said. "The end of the bloodline would also lead to the community electing a new leader."

"So Yoongi could be an incompetent leader, they'll overthrow him," Namjoon suggested briefly. "He can come back here."

"People can't leave once they're in," Yoongi pointed out. "It took me five years to leave the South."

"I was thinking that we fake his death. Eliminate his parents and fake his death. His sibling is nowhere to be seen, so the South will have no choice but to elect a new leader," I explained. "Although after that, he cannot be seen by the public since everyone has to believe that he's dead."

"So I'll have to remain within the walls of the palace at all times after the event," he said, slowly. "For the rest of my life."

"That is the only way. As a royal, it will be easy to spot you in public," Taehyung said.

"Do you know where your sibling is, Yoongi?" Seokjin asked.

"She's in Serek," Yoongi said, barely audible even to me, but I still picked it up because of my sensitive hearing.

"Serek?" I asked.

"I kept in touch with her when she left, but we stopped after the South started tracking my every move," he replied.

"Does she have a mate?" Taehyung asked.

"They met in Serek."

"You knew about Serek before Jungkook even came here," Jimin said, realization hitting him.

"Keep up, will you?" Hoseok snarked. Jimin stuck out his tongue at him in response.

"So that's the plan? Faking my death?" Yoongi asked, emotionally deflated.

"The war is in two days, there's not much we can do. We can come up with something new, but it has to be by the end of tomorrow," Hoseok said.

"What if we faked Yoongi's runaway instead?" Namjoon proposed. "We haven't told the public about Serek yet, so it would be the perfect cover."

"That would still result in me never leaving the palace," Yoongi commented, slumping into his seat.

"If you 'came back' after they elect a new leader, would they do anything?" Jimin asked, gesticulating.

"I don't know," he replied. "They'll keep an eye on the royal family to make sure that I'm actually gone."

"So he will have to stay with the merpeople until the new leader is elected," Taehyung said.