43. Earning His Trust

Yo, guysssss. I'm so glad you made it this far into the book. Tell me what you think of it so far?

I love you all so much, I hope you love me too.

Don't forget to check my other book, A Second Chance (The Alpha's Mate) ... It's a Fantasy Romantic, you'll absolutley love it.

------

Her...

"... And that's how we become friends." She finished, laughing along with the rest.

Yeah, keep laughing.

"I think if you glare any harder your eyeballs might fall off their sockets, walk across the table and go kill her themselves with tiny swords." Drake whispered in my ear with a chuckle, making me turn to him.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." I faked a smile then dropped it with a glare.

"Aww, you're cute when you're jealous." He smiled sweetly before noticing what he had said.

"Don't tell Dean I said that. Unlike you, he's anything but cute when he's jealous." He faked a gasp, making me laugh softly.

"Don't worry." I said.

Dean is too busy to notice how close Drake and I are being or how we keep whispering.

"Come on, don't be the jelly insecure little girlfriend! We don't like that. We like our women confident and strong." He stated.

"But can't you see how beautiful she is? She's way prettier than me." I kept playing with my fork.

"That's so not true. Who the fuck said so? Besides, in Dean's eyes, you're the prettiest woman alive." He assured me with a sincere smile.

"Thank you. But they still know each other for way longer than me and him." I pouted.

"You of all people know that time doesn't matter. You guys fell insanely in love in a matter of a week. And you and I became friends in a matter of few hours and here I am having lunch with the people who had been my rivals for years.. And honestly, I'm pretty comfortable and happy even. Just don't tell anyone I said that." He added the last part with a frown.

"Never." I giggled.

"What are you two laughing about?" Dean's voice suddenly asked from my left side.

"Oh, nothing." I shrugged it off.

"Didn't I tell you not to sit next to her?" Dean glared at Drake who is sat on my right with a smirk on his face.

"I'm just keeping her company since you're too busy to do that." He bit back.

Oh, burn!

Wait, did I really just say that?

"Out loud." Bobby chuckled along with Drake.

"Oops. Sorry, baby." I smiled sheepishly at Dean.

"I want to make a toast, everyone!" Max grabbed our attention. He straightened in his seat and held his glass of wine.

"To finally sleeping knowing that Matt's ass is locked in a cell." He raised his glass with a smile of victory.

Knowing that he's now arrested and will be sleeping in a cell for a while is not really making me happy. He's not the bad guy, John is.

"I'll drink to that." Drake picked his glass up.

"Cheers, Em." Jake held his for me. I was about to pick my still-untouched glass when Dean stopped me.