Chapter 186

Before leaving old Muriel's house, Molly provided Sirius and Jenna with bags full of food supplies, and even a great portion of what she had cooked that day.

"Now remember, dear, you need to eat well. You have to keep up your strenght," said Molly as the two stood by the entrance door, ready to Disapparate back to their old flat. "And try not to transform or use your Metamorphic abilities. It takes too much energy. I don't suppose it will be good for the baby."

  "All right." Jenna nodded, giving her an appreciative smile. "Thank you, Molly."

"Anytime, dear." She smiled back, patting Jenna sweetly on the cheek, making her chuckle.

Once Sirius and Jenna got back to the small house they were now staying in, he put the food supplies on the counter, glad that they had already cleaned up the place.

"So, what do you want for lunch?" Sirius asked, looking through the bags. "With these we can make —"

"Sirius, I'm very much capable of cooking on my own." Jenna giggled, walking into the kitchen.

"But you're pregnant. You're supposed to rest."

This made Jenna laugh. "I'm only around... six weeks in," she said after doing a little calculation in her head.

  But she then frowned, wondering. "How did it happen, though?"

"Well, Jenny," Sirius started with a cheeky grin, "when a man and woman love each other very much —"

"That's not what I meant, you git!" Jenna smacked him playfully on the arm, laughing again. "I mean — didn't we — didn't we use the protection charm?"

Sirius shrugged. "I don't remember. We probably forgot."

  "Yeah..." Jenna muttered, still smiling ever since hearing the news that she was pregnant.

"When will be the due date, anyway?" Sirius questioned.

"In August, I suppose." Her smile then suddenly widened even more in realization. "That means he will be in the same year as Remus's child at Hogwarts!"

"Woah, woah, woah... wait a minute," Sirius hold up his hands, "who said it's going to be a boy? Maybe it's a girl."

"We've been through this before, Sirius. We had the same conversation years ago." Jenna shook her head at him. "I told you. I always had a feeling that our first kid would a boy."

  "And I said it was going to be girl!" Sirius argued. "I also remember us betting on it."

She put her hands on her hips, giving him a look. "Sirius, you haven't even paid me the five Galleons from our old bet about Harry being a Seeker."

"But I don't have five Galleons on me!"

"What? You liar! Your Gringotts vault is drowning in Galleons! And you're telling me you can't pay up five?"

"I meant I don't have any right now in my pockets!" Sirius said defensively. "Who knows? Maybe our baby will be a girl, and then we'll be even, so no one has to pay anything. Or maybe it will be twins. It could be a boy and a girl."

Jenna let out a sigh, though she kept on grinning. "We're already irresponsible parents. the baby isn't even born yet and we're already making bets."

  "I'm just joking around, Jenny." He smiled. "I don't care if the baby is a boy, or a girl, or even a centaur. We're gonna love that baby to death, no matter what."

Jenna snorted with laughter at the centaur joke, but went forward to wrap her arms around Sirius, resting her head against his chest. Sirius smiled, hugging her back and planting a small kiss on the top of her head.

But then Sirius pulled back worriedly, a little frown forming on his forehead. "You don't really think there's a chance that it's going to be a centaur, do you?"

Jenna laughed. "God, I hope the baby ends up having my brains."

***

Upon hearing the news, everyone was thrilled. Especially Tonks and Remus, seeing as now their kids was going to have a friend growing up, and a companion for their Hogwarts years.

     Throughout the next two-and-a-half months that passed, all that Sirius and Jenna could talk about at home was the baby. They discussed what color of hair the kid was going to have, or wether the baby was going to end up with hazel eyes like Jenna's, or grey like Sirius's. They even had the thought that maybe the baby would be born a Metamorphmagus.

     "When did you know you were a Metamorphmagus?" Sirius asked as they were sitting in the living room. "I mean, when did you first showed the signs of having the power?"

     "Hmm... I dunno..." Jenna muttered. "My parents told me my hair started changing color according to my mood only a week after I was born. But I don't know if it's going to be the same for all Metamorphmagi. Maybe someone will start getting their power on the day they are born, or maybe a little later on when they are a bit older."

      She was resting her hands on her small baby bump which had grown considerably in the past few weeks, now that it had been four and a half months since she had become pregnant back in November.

     "What about names?" Jenna questioned, but the moment Sirius grinned and opened his mouth to speak, she cut him off sharply. "No! Absolutely not!"

     "But I haven't said anything yet!" he said, throwing his hands up defensively.

     "I already know what you're going to suggest and the answer is still no! We're not going to name our kid Elvendork proof-that-Sirius-and-Jenna-Shagged Black!"

    "Wrong. I was actually going to suggest —"

     "We're not naming the baby Bathsheba either!"

     "But —!"

     "NO!"

     "IT'S UNISEX!"