empty eyes and broken skies

there is a place  in town where the charcoal sky splits open and weeps for its long lost love that drowned beneath the saline ultramarine waves

there is a place  in town where the charcoal sky splits open and weeps for its long lost love that drowned beneath the saline ultramarine waves. we met under that fissured sky, your lips coiled around a bottle of cherry wine while i searched for saturated clementine warmth in your frigid eyes. late nights in the middle of july, the icicles around your heart starting melting and pooled around my bruised knees. i stood there in the glacial water, my hands trembling and my lips blue with the gelid acid in your blood.

you told me my eyes reminded you of the snow frosted land, empty and barren. perhaps we saw each other in our eyes that's we stayed. some days all i thought about was you, but the rest i spent trying to detach myself from the pearl milk ice that glazed your violet scarred lips. i could taste the ending of planets on your lips, but i didn't mind because your voids fit in mine like broken sea shells. we were dead inside just like the gold plated fantasies of hollywood.

you could hear the distant hum of breaking hearts and shattering glass, being played on repeat on the rusted vhs tapes. peppermint breaths and apocalyptic kisses were the definition of you and me. saturn's velvet rings spiraled and twisted around our rain soaked bodies as we kissed while the sky howled and cried. we might have been beautiful, but the mourning pewter sky knew the price that iced out hearts had to pay. after all, we met under the tragedy of the skies. but maybe one day the astral voids that fill our eyes will finally be whole and brim with sun fire passion and nectared love.