3| MATE!

2021TWO YEARS LATER

2021
TWO YEARS LATER

Samantha's POV

Bzz...Bzz...Bzz

My phone buzzed on my bedside table, signifying that it was time for me to wake up.

Bzz...Bzz...Bzz

It buzzed again. And again. After a few more times, it stopped and I finally allowed myself to go back to sleep.

Five more minutes, that's what I'd told myself.

—— (^~^)——

"Girl, you're still sleeping?" Sandy asked me as she very loudly made her presence in our room known.

I was awake instantly and I groaned in annoyance at the disturbance, throwing my blankets off of me. I scowled at her, my eyes squinted because of the bright light that was pouring into our room.

How dare she wake me up at this time?

It was probably still seven. Why was she even up?

"Didn't your class start like ten minutes ago?" she asked suddenly, after moving around the room, doing whatever it was she was doing.

In that moment, I jumped out of bed with wide eyes.

How had I overslept?

I almost tripped on the blankets that were wrapped around me, but I didn't let that stop me and in record time, I made it to the bathroom.

"I'm so late, Sandy, I'm so late!" I cried out, "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I just did," she said back calmly and I actually wanted to wring her neck, "Besides, I was with Fin, remember? I just got back."

I groaned out. She had done absolutely nothing and I had no reason to be mad at her. If anything, I was grateful that she'd just woken me up, though I wish she'd come back earlier.

As I speed showered, I heard Sandy laugh from her bed saying, "I can't believe you're going to be late for your lesson. Again. I'm surprised your teacher hasn't kicked you out of his class yet."

Yeah, me too.

From where I was in the bathroom, I dried myself off with a towel and I quickly brushed my teeth before throwing on the first clothes I saw in the laundry basket — a bright pink top and black joggers. They weren't ironed yet, but at least they were clean.

Once done, I ran out of the bathroom and grabbed my bag, hoping that all my books were in there. I left my phone because it was too far, but I made sure I took my laptop. Finally, I sprinted out of our room rushed to class and I could literally feel the judgement radiating off of those that saw me run past them.

When I actually got to class, not only was I panting like a dog, but the lesson was probably halfway through already. I'd like to believe having to go all the way downstairs and then back up again when I was trying to avoid using the bridge is what truly delayed me. But whatever it was that had made me so late, at the end of the day, my teacher wouldn't really care.