21. take it slow

it was quite hazy when taehyung stirred awake from sleep.

he felt quite disoriented, but the strong sandalwood scent clouding him was soothing.

when he opened his eyes to the strong light, the first thing he saw was a figure sitting hunched on a chair close to the bed he is laying on.

a few more blinks later, he understood it was jungkook dozzing off in the chair.

"j-jungkook-ah?" his voice came out barely a whisper and jungkooks form didn't move.

"a-alpha-" he tried again and this time the other moved, wincing as his muscles straightened from the uncomfortable position, eyes then locking with taehyung.

jungkooks eyes widened for a fraction, before he was tumbling near to the omega.

"how are you feeling, cherry?" his concerned and husky voice asked, a thumb caressing the others cheeks.

" 'm good" taehyung sleepily mumbled, nuzzling into jungkooks hand.

"you gave me quite the scare yesterday,  beautiful" jungkook whispered into the kiss he tenderly planted on taehyungs forehead.

the omega's eyebrows furrowed at that.

he had completely forgotten about it.

when all the memories came flooding back, the first emotion he felt was shame.

how incapable of an omega was he, for not even being able to take care of his alpha? how shameful was that he panicked in the middle of such an intimate moment? truly, another reason to boost taehyungs insecurities.

"i don- i'm so sorry" his voice trembled, him biting into his lower lip as he averted his gaze, not being able to look at jungkook.

"shh dont. everythings fine. there is nothing to feel bad about" jungkook assured as taehyung cuddled upto his chest.

"i-its just-- i thought of-- i " taehyung tried to elaborate.

"hey look at me, cherry" jungkooks voice was tender.

taehyung fiddled with his fingers, but ultimately met jungkooks eyes- those eyes that is looking at him with so much warmth.

jungkook then pulled taehyung closer- him straddling jungkooks legs now and leaning onto his chest, looking up at his alpha with those big eyes and a pout.

"dont feel pressured to share anything, cherry" jungkook was patient.

"no i want you to know" taehyung shook his head.
"i-- i heard their voices- my father and brother" taehyung said and jungkooks hands soothingly rubbing his back, momentarily stilled.

"they used to call me names a-and tell these bad things about me all the time- as in the day you rescued me" taehyung fumbled with words and jungkook had to grit his teeth to to keep in the anger, when he remembered the vile words daejung had spitted out that day.

"i- i dont know why. i cant forget them" taehyung leaned his head on jungkooks shoulder, the alpha tightening his hold.

"its not your fault, cherry" jungkook started after a moment of silence.

"getting over a trauma like that, it isn't easy" jungkook spoke, partly from his own experience.

"we will work on it, together hm?" the alpha smiled all gently and taehyungs heart fluttered.

" 'kay" he nuzzled into jungkooks neck, scenting the alpha slightly.

"you didn't deserve all that, beautiful" jungkook sighed.