Chapter Thirty: Treacherous Witch

Ever since I found out about Kate's little secret, I became a little more sadistic towards her. That didn't go unnoticed by my father whose calls and texts I've ignored for the past week. I wonder how relieved her felt when Adam started to play the angel and arranged a dinner between us.

Instead of opting for a public restaurant, the best way to go was in a private setting where I can uncover every little secret. The best thing we did was to order room service and squish ourselves inside their hotel room.

And that folks is how you make a very seriousness talk into a pathetic excuse for a dinner meeting.

Since there weren't enough chairs, I ended up seated on the bed with Kate by my side. I was internally smirking even though I was frustrated and tired all over.

Ah, causing misery does take my stress away.

She looked like she was on the edge, fidgeting on the spot as she tried to fork in some of her food into her mouth. I think she found out that I finally gained the information that she was desperately trying to hide.

Surprise!

"Sophia, do you have any idea how did it all happen?" my father questioned after he explained the situation about the wedding, the flowers, and even the gown I've decided to meddle with.

Your fiancé is a lying bitch, that's what happened.

But for now, let's play innocent, "I have no idea, they must have had a problem with their system or something."

Adam snorted while drinking his water and he started to cough loudly though I could still see that he was amused at my answer. The couple turned to him and he held up a hand to tell them to ignore him, "Just went down the wrong pipe."

I shot a small smile towards him and when they turned back to me, I reverted back to my serious expression. Dad clicked his tongue as he lifted a hand to massage his forehead to prevent an oncoming headache, "Kate wanted this wedding to happen before the end of summer."

"There's nothing that I can really do, I mean, I'm not in charge of the bridal shop," I told him as I casually twirled the pasta on my plate, "I could only do so much with my influence."

You know, like ruin a wedding in one snap.

"How about just have the wedding back in England?" I suggested, my gaze passing right by him and meeting Adam's. He froze on his seat, midway from biting his food to stare at me, silently asking if this was alright.

It was a risky roll since to have it at England means that everything might go downhill, but it would be much easier to kick Kate back to wherever she came from when we do it at the country where she belongs.

Besides, I've been playing a weird game of Russian roulette lately, what else do I have to lose?

"I'll talk to the girls at the bridal shop, and I'm sure everything can be done smoothly," I tried to reason out with them, nonchalantly drinking from my straw, "A reschedule will be no problem for them."

Kate looked troubled as I finally noticed her hands shaking with her eyes shifting all around the room, avoiding any eye contact from any of us. I resisted a smirk as I moved away my plate, standing up I walked around as we all fell silent. I was

If she's good at reading body language, she should have noticed already that I was pissed beyond belief and I crave for revenge.

My hand landed on her laptop that sat on the desk, I turned to Kate and gave her an innocent smile that was obviously fake, making sure my hair shielded my father's view of my expression, "Mind if I borrow?"