Chapter 29. The Scarred Girl.

~Scarred~A mark with a scar or scars that continues to be

~Scarred~
A mark with a scar or scars
that continues to be.

~No one's P.O.V~

In the Fairy King's Forest, the Fairies watched as the Great Tree was restored once more, wonder and relief filling their eyes to the brim.

Inside the hollow trunk of the Great Tree, a small group were gathered. The Fairy King propped in Gerheade's lap, unconscious and bloody.

A few drops of blood fell, landing on his lower lip before slipping into his mouth. The Fairy swallowed. His wounds healed and the blood splattered across his face disappeared.

King opened his eyes to see Ban standing above him, blooding running out from his tightly clenched fist, "Ban..."

"The Fairy King woke up!"

"Long live the Fairy King!"

"Wait... Do they mean me?" King asked, looking weirdly at the cheering Fairies as he sat up.

"The only one meant to lead us is you, Harlequin." Gerheade spoke, standing up herself now that her lap was freed.

"Hey, that's great, man. Good for you." Ban congratulated the Sin, making his way over to the blade that was stuck in the ground, pulling it up with the cloak without touching it and wrapping it securely, "Now I can finally move on and kiss this pain in the ass job goodbye!"

"Um, Si-Sir Ban?" Gerheade stuttered, her purple eyes in the ground, "I just wanna say thank you with all of my heart for saving our Fairy King and the Great Tree. Also..." Gerheade lifted her head to look up at the Immortal, wanting to apologise more than anything else.

But the man had let out a growl and grabbed the Fairy by the front of her dress, pulling her forward towards him, "Now, let me make this clear! I couldn't care less for what you think of me or everything you tried to put me through!" He snarled then pulled her even closer, his teeth gritted and bared like an angry fox, "Got it?! But the next time you try to hurt Elaine, I won't hesitate to kill you!"

"I swear that I'll protect Lady Elaine's body, no matter what!" Gerheade claimed as Yakul walked up behind Ban, "Damn right, you will!" Ban growled before shoving the Fairy back - Luckily for her, landing on King's Chastiefol.

Ban strapped the blade onto Yakul's saddle before walking past King and Gerheade with him, "See ya later." Ban muttered just above the sound of Yakul trotting beside him.

"Hey, Ban! I'm coming with you!" Jericho shouted after him, running up to his side.

"Ban, wait!" King called out to him, making him halt in his steps. But he didn't turn around. Not even as the Sin on Sloth spoke his request out loudly, "I'll ask you one more time. You're really not going back to the Seven Deadly Sins with me...? Isn't Y/n waiting for you to return as well?"