Death Painting Arc -Part I-

"Kanada Taichi in Morioka, in June. Shimada Osamu in Yokohama, in August. Yamato Hiroshi in Nagoya, in September. These three died in similar circumstances," Nitta explained while her eyes still focused on the road. The three first-years currently sitting in the backseat while she was sitting in front. Another mission they should work together again, though she didn't quite understand the need of her existence in this mission. "They were stabbed to death by a cursed spirit at the entrances to their apartments, and all of them had filed the same complaint with the property managers several weeks before dying. They claimed their auto-locking doors were left wide open. None of the other residents have any idea what could have happened."

"None of the dates or locations match, though. Could the same cursed spirit have killed them all?" Fushiguro asked, eyes still glued to the tab screen on his hands.

"Hey, could the cursed spirit be responsible for the doors?" Itadori asked. "Do sensors like those pick up cursed spirits? They don't show up on cameras and stuff, right?"

"Apparently, the cursed spirit made the door operators go crazy, not the sensors," Nitta explained.

"Oh.. Operators?"

"And as for whether or not the same cursed spirit was behind this.. well, we couldn't be certain from just the residuals. After all, a lot of time had already passed. So we tried to track down any connections between the three. We found that all three attended the same middle school for two years," Nitta added.

"Meaning all three received the same curse, and it activated after time had passed?" Kugisaki asked, trying to break down the problem. Itadori was amazed by Kugisaki deduction.

"Same curse, huh?" Y/N muttered to herself while looking outside. The chance of receiving the same curse as another people was high if they were in the same place. Probably, these three person were doing something in the same place and ended up getting cursed.

"Precisely. That's high likely. So we're going to that middle school now to question someone the three victims all knew, and I want you four to see what you can find as sorcerers."

"Way to go, Kugisaki!" Itadori commended.

"Heh. What'd you expect?" she smirked, feeling smart. Fushiguro was looking away after reading something on the data before sighing. A few moments later, they arrived at the victims friend's house but turned out they were having a funeral.

"Is this the home of that acquaintance? Kugisaki asked once they were out of the car.

"Yes, it is," Nitta trailed off. They then continued their journey to where the middle school these victims enrolled in. "Well, this sucks. He died the same way the other three did. He lived with his family, so there was no auto-locking door, but he was killed in front of the entrance. Previously, upon returning home alone, he reported 'the door was unlocked, but it wouldn't open' to his other family members."  They finally arrived at Saitama Municipal Utami East Middle School and went to find this faculty member for some information. "I asked his parents, too, but they said they didn't know what relationship he had with the other three. Man, there goes our only lead!"

"Don't worry! There has to be something at this middle school!" Itadori comforted Nitta who was down.

"I sure hope so," she slumped. "For now, I've secured an appointment with a teacher, so I'm counting on you."

"Roger," Itadori replied. Kugisaki eyes gleamed once they found two students who were currently skipping class and smoking. She ran towards them and then turned around to see the others, suddenly thinking of a nice idea.

"There's some obvious punks. Let's beat 'em up and set 'em straight!" she suggested, thumb pointing at the two students.

"Why?" Itadori asked. The boys noticed them and put up their scary face to threatened them, but they suddenly shuddered once their eyes found someone.