15

Oi luvs. How are we? I know my updates are kinda slow. I thought I had made one like 3 days ago so I took a chill. Imagine my surprise when it had been 5 days. Anyway... enjoy. Vote, comment and share. I think I'll dedicate this one to alphaholic Love you girl. 

15

Alexa walked away from us, already on her way to butter up Vittore. I scoffed looking back at the plans like everyone else. Carter continued to explain the details of the plan as we overheard Vittore and Alexa's conversation in the halls.

"What are you doing here Alexa?" I heard Vittore ask rudely.

"I just dropped off some of the weapons that the others needed," she lied in a serious tone.

"I'm sure they're thankful so you can leave," Vittore grumbled.

"Why doesn't he fire her?" I asked to myself. "Or kill her and do us all a favour."

"He can't. Alexa is a really big gang lord," Maddox said surprising me.

"You're lying. Her," I asked pointing in Alexa's general direction.

"Yeah. Alexa Eva Maria Valenzuela, head of The Kings," Felix said. I knew The Kings. They were a big gang and operated around most parts of the world.

"So if Vittore kills her..."

"The mafia loses a lot of money and men fighting The Kings. They can be defeated but what's the point of taking the risk and having to build loyalties and the mafia up again?" Maddox completed for me.

"But why is she here in the first place?" I asked.

"Matteo," my eyes rolled at the back of my head as Carter said his name. "He owed the former lord, Markel Soria Valenzuela, a lot of money. When Markel passed, Alexa became head and came to a compromise with Vittore. She'd ignore his father's debts to her gang f they worked together."

"That's smart," I said unable to believe Alexa wasn't just a skilled air head.

"Yeah. It was a good deal. One I'm sure Vittore hates everyday," Felix said with a chuckle. I shook my head and turned back the the papers.

"Come on Vittore. You know I'm better than her. I've worked with you longer. Plus, you don't trust her do you?" I heard Alexa whine as Vittore finally joined the rest of us.

"Alexa, sta 'zitto (shut up)," Vittore snapped.

Alexa looked confused for a second. Why doesn't she know Italian? It's the language most mafia's are centered around. I guess I could take back the comment of her being smart.

"Dijo que cállate Alexa. En serio, haznos un favor (He said shut up Alexa. Seriously do us a favor)," I told her in Spanish, hoping she'd pick something up more in her native tongue. Her eyes snapped to me, full of hatred.

"Nadie te pidió que hablaras oveja negra (No one asked you to speak you black sheep)," she retaliated and I rolled my eyes. Yes I was black and I was fucking proud. I was about to speak again but Vittore beat me to it.

"Deja a Alexa. Lo entenderé cuando te pongas llorón y pegajoso, pero una cosa que no permitiré en mi mafia es el racismo (Leave Alexa. I will understand when you become whiny and clingy but one thing I will not allow in my mafia is racism)," He snapped in Spanish too.

My eyes darted to him for a second and something coiled in my chest. My stomach was fuzzy and I frowned. What the hell?

Alexa huffed and walked out of the hotel room, sparing me a glare. I looked back at Vittore who rubbed a hand down his face. His dark eyes scanned the room until they landed on me and he froze slightly. His eyes travelled down my body like he had just noticed what I was wearing.

My stomach did that fuzzy thing again and I ignored it. Vittore's eyes finally connected with my own after a while and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Anyone care to tell me what you all just said?" Felix butted in, making my gaze move to him. It was like I was snapped out of a trance.

"It's nothing," Vittore said putting a hand to his chin and looking at the plans Carter was holding. "Are we ready?" He asked.

I took that time Carter was talking to Vittore to look at what he was in. He was dressed in all black, like always. His suit jacket was open and the black dress shirt underneath had the top buttons open and I saw a little tattoo swirl.

"Dalia," I looked at Maddox, the sound of my name snapping me out of the daze I was in. God what's wrong with me? "Are you ready?"

"Always am," I said picking up my bag.

"Just stick to the plan ok? We separate from here but be careful," Carter said genuine worry on his face.

"She'll be fine," Vittore said looking at me with that intense gaze of his. "And if she doesn't do what I want her to do, she dies."

"Very reassuring Vittore," I mumbled as I made my way out of the apartment. "I know what to do and how to do it. I'm just hoping you all don't mess up."

I walked out of the God forsaken place and made my way to the elevator. I stepped in, a woman the only other person inside. We stood side by side as the elevator doors closed and moved down. Silence fell between us until it dinged, stopping at the woman's floor.

"I'd prefer to take a gun to a battle instead of a Jade Scythe don't you think?" The woman asked me as the doors opened. She had a very thick french accent.

I looked into her eyes, they were a bluish grey. She looked to be a few years older than I was. Probably 25 or something.

"And I wouldn't mess with an Agile Mime now would I?" I said to her in code. She laughed lightly as she walked out of the elevator.

"Don't worry petite fille (little girl). Jordan isn't going anywhere near Paris but he has a thing for lost weapons," The woman warned as she walked away.

"The weapon isn't lost. It's going to find it's way back," I said before the doors closed.

I pushed my hair back, straightening my spine. A small, sinister smirk made its way on my face.

Patience. Everything was about patience.