[R/D]chapter fifty: the bird and the snake.

My sibling didn't realize how often i space out, and they finally realized i cant hear shit when i do...so i spaced back in to them slapping me-

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit on the bed, Ben's head laying on my lap as Redfield points his gun to the window.

"You don't have to do that, we've been safe in here for a while."
I say.

"You never know..."
Redfield mumbles.

"...are you in the same part of the agency im in?"
I ask.

"That depends, what part of your agency are you in?"
Redfield asks.

...shit, which one am i in?

"I...don't know the name."
I mumble.

"Do you even know the name of your agency?"
Redfield asks.

"...no, i don't think i got the name of it before my first mission."
I explain.

"So you're clueless.."
Redfield mumbles.

"Not completely, i know im supposed to be here, and i know im like a soldier...more of an officer though."
I say.

"Huh..."
He hums, going back to looking out the window.

"Its been a few minutes since the monsters made a noise, are you sure they didn't just run off?"
I ask, he shakes his head 'no'.

"These things wouldn't just run away, they're probably smart enough to wait."
Redfield says.

"Fucking hell, you have a gun, why don't you just go out guns blazing? Waiting here will just make it a whole fucking lot worse on us, they'll get in and eat us like a godamn chicken!"
I say.

"Tone down the profanity, who taught you that that was the right tone towards an officer?"
Redfield mumbles.

"...i picked it up from a friend."
I mumble...im holding hope i can still take him with me.

"Look..!"
Redfield says, pointing to the window, i get up and walk to the window.

My eyes widen as i see dozens of those monsters, some even flying...all coming from Karl's factory...he's really fighting Miranda..

"Holy fuck..."
I mumble, staring in amazement, but i quickly get a grin spread to my face when Miranda pops into my head. I turn to Redfield and put my hand on his shoulder.

"We need to go kill Miranda!"
I say.

"What?? My mission isn't to kill some woman, i was sent to get you!"
Redfield says.

"Miranda has to die, she has to, and i have to help!!"
I insist.

"This place is crawling with those things, and you think hunting somebody down will work out well??"
Redfield points out.

"Listen here, I need to kill that woman, she is the source of so much pain and so many deaths, i made a promise, to myself and others, that that bitch would die, and im going to keep that promise."
I say.

"I understand, but-"

"I have to do this, if you understand, then let me do it..!"
I finish, interrupting him, Redfield stays silent for a second.

"Listen, i understand, but-"

"Im not leaving."
I interrupt him again, hopefully for a final time.

"...what?"
He mumbles.

"If you don't let me kill her, then im not leaving, i know hiding places here, if i don't want to leave, i won't fucking leave."
I say.

"...you're really not going to cooperate with me until you get what you want, are you?"
Redfield mumbles.

"Im not, I'll fight with all i have to do this."
I agree, he sighs.

"...If it'll get you in that helicopter willingly, then i can spare bullets."
Redfield says.

"Thank you!"
I exclaim.

I walk back to Ben and pick him up, making sure that he's still wrapped in the coat...i'll thank Lady Dimitrescu when this is all over.

"Are you ready?"
Redfield asks, brandishing his gun yet again.

"Well...Ready as I'll ever be."
I mumble, he nods and kicks the door open, pointing his gun at our surroundings, but it seems like the monsters aren't around.

"...this isn't right."
Redfield says.

"What? They may have been bored and found something new."
I point out.

"Its too quiet...ever heard of the quiet before the storm?"
Redfield asks, walking away, i follow him quickly.

"Yeah, but why do you think this is the quiet? It was a lot more quiet before the monsters reappeared."
I say.

"That's just it, if they're out, why cant we see any? There's something coming, and we shouldn't be here to find out. If you want to kill that Miranda woman, we need to be quick."
Redfield says.

"Then let's be quick, last time i saw her she was in this church, if we go there we might find her."
I say.

"You know her better than me...lets go to the church."
Redfield says.

"Alright, its just in the distance."
I say, walking along the path that leads straight to that creepy place.

So close...i'll save you, after all this time...i have so many stories to tell you of this adventure, Ben, you won't believe what I've gone through to do this...but it's all worth it.

???? POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I chuckle and sit my wine glass on the table, sitting on a pastors chair...this place has stood for so long, although i am not complaining, it has served its purpose.

"Its all coming to a close."
I say, breathing in the dusty air of the church.

The bird took in a snake, i find that very amusing...I had not realized it would be so easy, although i suppose the bird had not realized the snake was even present, just a disguise that not even the snake knows its wearing.

"Im very ecstatic, i will at least see you...i wonder what your first words to me will be..."
I mumble, closing my eyes.

Rest sounds wondrous...i Won't be able to rest after it reaches me, the man I call son seems to be preparing something...i may know what it is, but its much more fun to make him think i do not, that confidence he has when he thinks I'm surprised...its priceless.

Until we meet, my wondrous little human, i have so much in store for you..