𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝑂𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑎

10 months later

10 months later

I loved his protectiveness.

It made me special, cared for, maybe even loved.

Although all that has changed in my first year, and Tyler's last year, at Maple Hills Elementary School. I have no idea what happened and why his priorities have changed.

Things were the same most days for around the first 6 months. He was always the same, protective. We would meet at our bench, where me and my friends would sit, and he would join us with the other guys. It was amazing, I loved it. He would make sure I told him everything each day, and it made me feel special.

Until it began changing.

On his 11th birthday, he had a birthday party in his garden, although I was forced to watch for my bedroom where I could always see a small portion of his garden. It was all I need to see what was going on though.

He had told me I couldn't come for 2 reasons.

1 being girls weren't allowed and 2 being it would be "lame," , his word not mine, if his sister was at the party. Apparently it would be embarrassing. Therefore he didn't want me there by myself, since there would be no other girls and I'd be on my own. But I kept thinking about how Tyler was there and definitely Logan, since we've come to get along, I knew I would be fine.

I don't know when he began to care what other thought, but it seemed he did. Unless there was another reason I couldn't come, and it seemed I knew now.

As I looked into his backyard, I saw a party, which of course wasn't abnormal, but it was the people there. Girls. Why he would lie to me I do not know. Maybe he's trying to protect me, but from what. What or who would I need protecting from?

It feels like my heart is falling apart, it's not the fact I wasn't invited or that there was girls over there. I wouldn't have minded if he'd told me and been honest. He could have told me this morning and afternoon when me and my mom went over to have a small celebration for Tyler, but no he decided to lie to me.

I'm not sure if his dad knows girls are there, but something tells me he wouldn't mind. My mom had told me he used to be quite the ladies man in school. It's crazy how their lives have brought them back together. I don't know how close they were in college, but I've heard they have history, whatever that means.

Since Tyler's dad didn't want to impose on the party. He decided to stay over at ours so he could keep an eye on Tyler and see what my mom has been up to over the time they spent apart.

I wish his dad was there though, so there might be a small chance he would break up the party. Something feels weird inside me when I see him talking to girls and even just with them. Maybe jealousy. What is there to be jealous of, Olivia?

I wished things never changed that night. It seemed to be the day our friendship began to destruct.

I thought it was the end of the world when that happened, but it only got worse.

Me and the girls spent more and more days alone at the bench, without the boys. I don't know what they were doing instead, but Tyler always said they were busy, or there was something they needed to do. Which I knew was a lie.

The lies became more frequent and began to hurt more.

Take my birthday for example.

Mine was in February, 4 months after the day all the lies began, on his birthday. I just hoped my birthday would be amazing and we could build our friendship to what it used to be. I had planned a sleepover, the third one I was allowed to have. I had one after the first few weeks at school with Kacy and Tyler. My mom said I deserved it after how well I was doing in school, she said it would be good to get a break and spend time together since we weren't seeing each other often much more. The second time was just with Kacy, on Tyler's birthday, when she only planned to stay over for a few hours, but since she fell asleep my mom and James decided she would be okay staying with us for the night.

It's been 6 months since the 3 of us have had a sleepover and I'm so excited.

Although it didn't end up going to plan. It ended up coincidently similar to Tyler's birthday. It was just me and Kacy in my room having a sleepover, and I had been lied to yet again.

He had made some excuse after the 5 of us had had dinner round mine to do with something about schoolwork.

I was reluctant to let him go, but he seemed adamant he needed to do it, so I decided it would be good to have some girls time with Kacy.

Since Tyler's birthday we had gotten a lot closer, sharing secrets that no one else knew about and talking about things only best friends talk about. Tyler's and Kacy's relationship hasn't seemed to changed. It was almost like she knew Tyler's secrets , I'm not sure how but I have a feeling she does.

Kacy had decided we should paint our nails, and since she had the cutest colors, we went over to her house to get the polish.

As we made our way through the house I saw Tyler on the sofa, so I told Kacy to grab the polishes and I'd check on Tyler. Only when I made my way over I realized he wasn't alone. No, he had been with a girl. Not just any girl, Grace. One of my best friends. They were cuddled close watching some kind of movie, with his arm around her waist and her head on his chest.

I ran out of the house and back to mine so fast I'm surprised I didn't fall over.

Kacy came into my bedroom, where I sat on my bed with my face in my hands sobbing so much I was practically shaking, and dropped her stuff onto the floor and ran over to hug me until I eventually stopped.

I'm not sure why it hurt so much, Tyler was attractive of course he would be with a girl and go on dates. But it seemed the only girl I wanted him to be like that with was me.

Maybe it's for the better we aren't friends, it seems I would've got jealous over everything he does and everyone he's with.

But it still makes my heart break seeing we're so far apart, but it seems it hurts less now to know I won't see him at school anymore, since the occasions he does come to the bench are very few and far between.

We've slowly drifted apart, separated by his lies.

One day I will make sure he tells me what the hell happened to him, since it seemed for the both of us the day we met we would be inseparable.

But now on the last day of school, as he leaves to go to middle school, it seems he doesn't care at all. No goodbye as I excepted. No protectiveness. It's all gone. I'm not his angel anymore.

 I'm not his angel anymore