Chapter 30

Marco POV

It's been a hectic week. Bex and I healed fully after a few days. She had sprained her knee but with lots of rest, ice, and me locking her in the room to make sure she did those things instead of working on the cars, she healed.

After getting out of that room, we had the mind-blowing sex against my office wall just like we planned. Then we actually got back to work. Bex should be finished the cars soon. 

I am currently in Italy, my third day here. As the Mafia Don of the Italian Mafia based out of America, I have an obligation to meet with the Italian Mafia in Italy to make sure our partnership is smooth and talk trades and such. 

This has never been a problem because the Mafia Don in Italy is my cousin... it s a family business type situation. My cousin and I get along great, have the same views, and can party like frat boys together. Which is why I am very annoyed at the loud knock on the door awakening me from my sleep and my hangover.

"Room service!" someone outside yells, probably a maid. I'm staying in my penthouse in a very upper class neighbourhood in Rome. 

"Shut the fuck up or I'll shoot your brains out!" I yell back. Waking me up when I have a hangover is the worst thing you could do.

"Marco, is that how you treat your help?" my cousin, Leonardo, says mockingly, walking into my room. I don't even open my eyes, now realizing the "room service" was just him. I groan, "Bro, how are you fine after last night? My head feels like it's being repeatedly stabbed!"

"Because here in Itialia, we don't work as hard as you and instead party all day. Now open your eyes dipshit." he explains.

I slowly open my eyes, the light from my huge windows making my head pound harder. I scowl and shoot my cousin a look, but then stop in wonder. There, taking up the space in my room is my cousin. We look similar enough that we are often mistaken as brothers. He has the same dark hair and green eyes, although his hair is long that he often wears a man bun. He is not as tall, but much bulkier then I am. We have a very similar style of tattoos as well.

His handsome looks are not the reason I am staring at him in wonder. He is carrying a bouquet, as well as many others he wheeled in on a cart, of assorted red and white roses, my favourite flowers. 

Yes, I know. That is not very manly or expected from a Mafia Don. But my mom loved roses while I was growing up, and I quickly joined in on her love for them. When my dad wasn't butchering me about everything I did wrong back then, my mom and I would plant them in our garden. I still have a garden full of roses at the house back home. 

"Happy Birthday stronzo!" Leo says. I laugh and sit up in bed. "Aweee, you got me flowers! Come give me a kiss." I retort, blowing him kisses.

He walks over and slaps me across the head. "They aren't from me ass hat. A beautiful young lady by the name of Bexley called me yesterday using Angelo's phone, saying she was your girlfriend, which you by the way FAILED TO MENTION YOU HAD! Then she said these were your favourite, your such a pussy, and all but blackmailed me into making sure you received these this morning."

"Ya, that's right. She blackmailed me, A MAFIA LEADER! Even worse, I didn't care because I instantly liked her. The fuck. Anyways, these are from her to you, and here's the card."

I smile. Of course Bex would do something like this. Although, I know all these roses must've cost her a fortune, one that she doesn't have. I'll have to pay her back for this in other ways.

"Seriously bro, who is this girl? I have never seen you look so happy." Leo asks.

"Bex is... idk man she's something else. She is Enzo's best friend, and it was him who introduced her to the base because we needed an auto mechanic. I was a little skeptical at first, but you should see how smart she is. The cars are almost done, and the work she has done on them is incredible. But that's not all. Before we started our relationship, I guess she's been through some shady shit, because the Mexican's infiltrated our base and she took them out. Next thing you know I have the hots for her, things lead after another and now she's my girl. Bex is perfect, absolutely perfect."

"Wow man, sounds like a dream." Leo says. I know he loves to party and fuck around and absolutely conquer the European Mafia World, but I also know that he has been ready to settle down for a while. 

He speaks up again, "I'm going to go, the meeting for today to discuss potential allies is at 3:00. I'll see you then. Happy birthday man. Your gift of hard liquor is being sent to your base back in America."

He walks out and I grab the card from the nightstand where Leo put it. I open it up and start reading.

Hey baby. Miss me yet? Don't answer that, I know you do. Things have been pretty boring here, well other than the fact that Enzo bought a slide that goes from your office to the pool. We have all been getting great use out of that. I miss you so much. I'm a little sad that we can't spend your birthday together, but as soon as you get back I'll take you out for dinner or something. I hope these roses brightened your morning, but get ready. Your second surprise should be coming later tonight, I shipped it yesterday. Ok, I don't know what else to say. Have a great day Marco, you deserve it love:)

-xx your Princess

I smile wider than before. I have been so busy I forgot all about my birthday. Leave it to Bex to remember and make me feel more lucky than I already thought I am. God I love her. 

Wait.

WHAT!

Where the fuck did that come from. Do I really love her. She is my favourite person in the world. I would give my life for her. Everything about her is perfect. She makes me feel special and cared for, she makes me laugh and smile more than I ever have. She makes me feel like I am not the dark and evil Mafia Don, but sees my heart. She is home. 

Oh shit. I do love her. I haven't spoken to her in a few days because I have been so busy here, but this realization makes me miss her like crazy. I go home in two days, maybe I can leave tomorrow and surprise her. Do I tell her I love her? What if it's too early, and she doesn't feel the same. I would wait for her. I would wait for years. But maybe I should still wait.

I'll think about this later. I go to put the envelope on the table, and then I take the roses and spread them out in vases across my penthouse. The air feels so much warmer in here now that I feel I have a piece of her with me.

I notice in one of the bouquets the backs of 5 polaroids. I grab them and turn them over, shocked to find some very intimate pictures of my girl. God, the things she does to me. I smile almost as hard as my dick, and then shoot her a text. I may have also sent a special reply just for those pictures:)

I ignore the dirty thoughts in my head, and go to get ready. I put some dress pants and a dress shirt on, my usual. I comb back my hair, shave, brush my teeth, and then grab an apple. My goal today is to meet with some people who specialize in guns, to see if I can get some that we don't have in America shipped there. Then I will head to the meeting.

------------------------------

Moments like these are the ones where I hate my job. The meeting just ended 10 minutes ago and I now arrive at my apartment. It's 10:00 at night. 7 hours. The meeting was 7 fucking hours. I am not happy and overly tired. I didn't even have time to celebrate my birthday because Leo said he had something important to do and told me to go home.

I don't have the energy to go out with some of my friends who live here so I listened and just went home. I walk into my apartment and turn on the lights. I peel off my shirt and throw it on the couch. All I want to do is lie down and FaceTime Bex.

I open the door to my bedroom and my heart stops. There, standing by the window is Bex.

And she is wearing the sexiest black lingerie that I have ever seen, looking nervous as hell.