33

Mei was extremely nervous when she woke up the next day. Corpse had invited her over and the clock was ticking... She rose out of her bed quickly fixing up her appearance.

She drove to the address he had sent him. Anxiously tapping the steering wheel with her pointer finger. Mei arrived to his house thirty minutes later but it felt like five, she took a step out of the car. Taking a deep breath to prepare herself.

She knocked on the door nervously. Not even a minute later he opened the door. As soon as Mei set eyes on him she knew he had just gotten out of the shower. His dark curly hair had been flat and dripping with water. A towel was wrapped around his neck and he had a soft smile planted on his lips.

"Welcome." He says

"Why are you welcoming me with a welcome" laughed Mei

"Because you're welcome."

"Best way to start this." She chuckled as she took a step in. A fresh scent of cinnamon filling her nostrils.

It was a spacious house, fit for two.

Nothing like hers.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked expectantly.

"Sure." She replied.

Corpse nodded happily before setting out the movies.

"You really prepared for this, huh?" smiled Mei

"It's special." He replied, looking down on the movie selection before nudging her. "Go ahead and pick."

Her eyes glanced down on the movies, picking up one. On the cover It read "Clemency" which intrigued her. She had added that word to her vocabulary after a night of reading.

Along with an image that sent shivers down her spine. It was a woman who looked trapped... but she wasn't sure what the woman was trapped in. And that enough scared her.

"How about this one?" She asked, holding up the one she had chosen.

"Ah." He started "Are you sure?"

"Yes, why? Is there something bad about it?" She asked.

"No, no. It's fine I'm just making sure." He sighed as he took the CD from her hand.

"What? You scared?"

"No." He replied too firmly that Mei found it amusing. He kneeled down to plop the CD into the slot.

"So old fashion." She teased as she watched him

"Shut up." He spoke

"Don't worry, I'm here." She spoke with open arms

"No need." He huffed as he sat down on the sofa, ignoring her stretched out arms. She crossed her arms before sitting next to him.

"We don't have to watch this if you don't want to." spoke Mei

"No, It's fine."

"Alright, whatever you say."

The movie began as they waited for something unexpected to occur. The whole plot of the movie was different than what they'd usually see.