One piece x Reader. Sunrise.

-AN-
Okay~ sorry I didn't update yesterday, I feel like crap. Having a bit of a bad time right now, just feeling really down. Anyway, this is a songfic. Amazing song, tagging it at the start. Enjoy! (Sorry for feels in amv. Spoilers also.)

Full of despair,
Inside a darkness...
Self conscious, and scared.
Held prisoner of war...

Crying softly to yourself, you hugged your knees close to your chest. You were exhausted. Sleep had continued to slip through your fingers, the horrible memories of your treacherous past running through your mind... the blood...the screaming...the guns...

Running out of air,
Buried in a sadness,
Want a way out,
Of this paralyzing world...

Your lungs heaved desperately for air, you had been crying such a long time... Your throat burned, your lungs were seemingly on fire, your eyes red raw. You just wanted it all to stop... the pain, the memories... Why wouldn't it all just go away?

And the sound of the cries,
When a families loved one dies.
It echoes through a vacant room,
Where a young soul still resides...

Suddenly, like a bolt of electricity, flashes of memory surged into your brain. Remembering that face, contorted in pain. Pain that could not be stopped... You felt so helpless. You could do no more that day, then watch as their life faded. Upon remembering this, your cries became sobs. And you gripped at the roots of your hair.

When the night is cold,
And you feel like no one knows,
What it's like to be the only one,
Buried in this hole...

A sudden knock at your door resounded within the room. Your head snapped up, and the very air that was already slipping from your lungs, was immediately cut off entirely. As you heard your name called out, you ignored it. Hoping they would think you were asleep. But no. The door was pushed open, he stepped into the room.

Upon seeing your tear streaked face, he rushed over. He knew about your past, your memories and flashbacks. So when he saw you, he immediately knew what was wrong.

Without another word, he slipped under the covers of your bed, and laid your head against his chest. It was a soothing sensation. You felt his heartbeat drumming against your ear, the rhythmic beat lulling you into drowsiness.

Just as you were about to fall asleep, you cast your eyes onto your window. And you couldn't help but feel a smile pull at your lips.

The sky was now glowing a soft orange-pink. Darker blues and a few starts still clashing gently with it. Soon after, you fall asleep. The sun that was slowly peaking over the horizon, warming you slightly.

...You can make it to the sunrise.