Liquid Strength

When you wake up the next day, you find that Techno is gone.

The bed is devoid of the intense warmth that emitted off of him- instead traded for an, average, room temperature.

The fire must have been blazing for your room to be considered an average room temperature, because room temperature was usually below freezing with how quickly heat seems to escape this house.

Regardless, you were awake now, Techno wasn't here, and now you had the rest of the day to waste.

The talk you had with him last night made you feel better. You were still worried, and still sick of staying put, but it was just a little easier to focus on the future.

Shuffling around on the bed, you sat up, yanking the fleece blankets with you, keeping them wrapped around your shoulders for heat retention.

Your stomach was aching for some sort of breakfast, so you eventually meandered down the ladder to rummage around in the basement food supply.

Cracking open the chest on the bottom right you shuffle around in there, pulling the first thing that felt vaguely food like out, which appeared to be some dried beef.

It'll do.

With a bite and slap, you shove the whole thing into your mouth, climbing back up the ladder to start your daily schedule of staring out the window, all the while idly munching on some beef.

If anyone were to look through the window at you, they'd make eyecontact with a very strange facial expression, because you know- maybe shoving a whole steak in your mouth wasn't smart. And maybe your mouth can't fit a whole steak in there, but you did it anyway and now you were awkwardly chewing on it.

Whatever.

It gave you something to do.

Until you finished it.

And then it was just staring.

And then staring became a droning tap of your fingers against the window sill.

How much time had passed since you sat here?

You groan, slipping off the window sill to meander over to the anvil.

For no other reason then to look for something to do.

Maybe he had something that needed enchanted?

You never really enchanted things, so you're sure to have the levels needed.

That thought led you to rooting around in his chests again- searching for any spare tool to try enchanting.

Nothing you looked at seemed like it needed enchanted though. No matter which way you looked at a lonely iron axe- it just didn't seem worth putting effort into.

You brought it upstairs just in case, but eh.

Useless.

Which still left you with absolutely nothing to do.

At all.

So, roving eyes went from one appliance to another, shifting from steeled anvil, to orderly brewing stand.

Thats.

That's a thought right there.

What if you brewed something?

What if...

....

You squinted your eyes at the brewing stand, already on your feet and limping to the closest chest to try and find the supplies needed for potions...