Chapter 48

Chapter 48

"What brings you here, Wipa?" Pranee asked nervously.

"Was in the market to find some things. I didn't expect to find a pack of buffalos."

Shashi stood in front of the stall muttering to themself angrily. Kiet on the other hand was helping Shashi take off the prosthetic arms. One of the arms accidentally hit Kiet's face and Shashi immediately went into a panicked state.

"Just calm down! You're making it hard to take them off!"

"And who's idea was it to put them on me?" Shashi glared at Kiet.

Kiet took his hands off of them. "Fine, if you don't want them off."

"No, please come back. I'm begging you."

Shashi and Kiet continued to bicker amongst themselves and Wipa clicked her tongue. She adjusted her staff and leaned on it slightly before turning her attention back to Pranee.

"I am at least glad to see you are doing well princess." Wipa gave a small bow and Pranee copied. "But it does make me curious as to why you and your group are wandering the other side of the country."

Pranee licked her lips. "Yes, well..."

"We can ask that about you too," Chann interrupted. "What exactly are you up to?"

"Nice to see you again Chann. I see your human body is treating you well. I'm actually visiting my child so I was picking up a few treats for him."

Wipa held up the bag for Pranee to see.

"Ah, you have a kid?"

"Yes, but I'm not with the child all the time. His mother and father take care of him most of the time."

"Mother and father..." Pranee remembered what Shashi had said on the night they fought the Krasue. "Ah, do the other parents get along well?"

"The mother still holds a grudge against me but the father is dedicated to the kid so it balances out. Anyways, enough about me, I want to know why all of you are here."

"Well... We actually are running an errand for uh..."

"The nagi queen?"

Chann's eyes narrowed. "You know about that?"

"I keep my eye on certain places. I definitely know she's been trying to get something from a cave nearby and has been unsuccessful so far since she doesn't know what's taking down her soldiers."

Pranee analyzed Wipa's expression. She didn't seem to be lying. "Do you... know what it is in the cave?"

"I do actually."

"Could you tell us more about it?" Pranee asked slowly.

"Well... I can't actually. Not without a price."

"What would you want?"

"Hmmm." Wipa tapped her fingers on the staff. "How about a favour?"

"What kind of favour?"

"Um, Pranee. We don't have to get help from her." Chann's tugged their robe and their eyes darted back and forth between the two women.

"It's okay, I think we can trust her. She helped me escape earlier. So, she won't harm us at least." Pranee put a hand on Chann's arm to calm them down.

Wipa watched them with an amused expression. She lifted her staff and straightened her back in a stretch.

"I'll explain more at my kid's home. It's too crowded here. Your group can even stay for the night." Wipa lifted her head and cupped her mouth with one hand. "You two, don't bicker too much in front of the baby."

Shashi and Kiet looked up at her in confusion. Kiet seemed to be removing the remaining prosthetic off of Shashi. Shashi on the other hand just had a baffled expression.

"What?" Shashi probably didn't hear the entire conversation.

"I'm sure the princess with explain. After I'm finished shopping, I'll meet with you here again."

Wipa left the group on that note and continued to browse the stalls. Shashi looked at Pranee and she gave a nervous smile.

She hoped they it would take it well.