CHAPTER 9: THE HIGH ROAD

Lina's P.O.V.

NOOOOOOOO!!! My day was going great until Agreste decided to drop in!

Adrien: Hey, Marinette!

Lina: I'll answer when you call me by my name.

Adrien: Stop this whole 'Lina' act of yours.

Lina: I'm pleased to let you know that this is not an act. Marinette was an act.

Adrien: Look. I'm only here because I wanted to talk to you about last night.

Chloe: Please don't start with your ridiculous, utterly ridiculous high road!

Adrien: Chloe, can you and these other girls leave? I want to talk to Marinette alone.

Babs: Whatever you have to say to her you can say in front of us.

Adrien: No I can't.

Steph: Then you don't say it at all.

Adrien: Fine. [to Lina] Marinette, you were really rude last night to the class and they all feel really hurt (A/N: her real friends were just pretending).

Lina: Well, they deserved it.

Adrien: You only think that because you refuse to take the high road.

Lina: You know, this whole 'high road' thing is getting old.

Adrien: Anyway, when can we discuss my suit for the gala?

Lina: Never because I'm not making you a suit.

Adrien: Stop acting like you don't like me because I know you do.

Lina: And you stop acting like you like me because I know you don't. You like who you think I am but I'm not the person you think I am.

Chloe: Now if you'll excuse us, we have to get back to our girl's day.

We walk away and then enter a shoe store.

Adrien P.O.V.

My princess is being so difficult. She won't drop this 'Lina' act and still won't take the high road. Lila really isn't hurting anyone. She would still have all her friends if she just did what I did and just because I took the high road she won't make me a suit. Nevermind. She'll come running to me soon.

Chloe P.O.V.

I can't believe Agreste had the nerve to even speak to Snowy after he told her to take the high road even though Lie-la stole all her 'friends'! He's such a weak. Spineless. Coward and expects Snowy to like him? I can't wait until the gala when we expose the liar! Until then I think we can manage.

383 words

Will Lina fall for Adrien (probably not)? Will the liar get exposed? Will Chloe strangle Adrien (hopefully)?

Bug out!💖