Chapter Forty Seven

Eleanor and Queenie had just stepped off the boat back into America. It took Eleanor longer than Queenie to get through customs, but soon enough the pair were heading towards their apartment. 

"I just wanted to check on some things. We'll go to MACUSA later today." Queenie said as she easily weaved through other people and cars when crossing the street. They had stopped at a deli to grab a sandwich and drink. 

"I was getting so tired of boat food. It doesn't agree with me... or the baby." Eleanor giggled. 

"I'd be surprised if it agreed with anybody. It wasn't good at all." Queenie agreed as they continued walking. It took them a while to get to the apartment, but they eventually made it. It looked as if nothing were touched and just how they had left it. 

"Ellie? Can I tell you something that's not my place at all to tell you, but it's bothering me that you don't know?" Queenie asked her suddenly. 

"I guess so. What's wrong?" Eleanor replied. 

"It's about... Leta." She said. "I didn't want to tell you for a while, because you've been stressed about Grindelwald, but I don't think she's a good person." 

"What do you mean Q? I really like Leta." Eleanor said and frowned. 

"I know, she seems extremely kind, but I think you deserve to know that she's the reason Newt got kicked out of Hogwarts." She admitted. 

"Wait, what? And Theseus is engage to her? He still has a picture of them on our fireplace. What did she do?" She asked. 

"Well, he was in love with her." She said, but before she could go on Eleanor cut her off. 

"Is he still in love with her?" She asked seriously. 

"No no, El, his heart truly belongs to you. I promise." She reassured. 

"So what did she do?" Eleanor asked. 

"Well, she knew Newt liked her. It felt as if she was taking advantage of him, but she brought this creature into the castle... it was a... well she thought it was a baby occamy, but it was an adult that was just smaller. Ya know? Well anyways, it attacked another student. Almost killed them actually. Newt took the blame." She told her and Eleanor didn't know what to say. 

"I- I can't believe he's still friendly with her. Does Theseus know?" Eleanor asked. 

"Yeah, which honestly makes it worse." Queenie said as she got them a cup of tea. 

"Did Newt forgive her?" She asked.  

"Yes, quite easily too." Queenie replied. "He's too pure for this world. Really."

"That really pisses me off." Eleanor said in a whisper. "That she would do something like that to such a... caring, loving person."

"I know." Queenie said. 

"I don't even know what to do with that information. I can't do anything, right?" Eleanor asked and Queenie just shook her head. She couldn't do anything about it. She quickly thought back to Grindelwald and wondered if he had been transferred successfully.

"Do you have a paper or something to tell us about what's been going on?" Eleanor asked Queenie. She hadn't had any news for the last three days and finally understood what it felt to 'live in a box.'

"Not here, let's head to the ministry." She suggested and they both stood up and headed out again. Eleanors feet were starting to bother her; it was hard on her back as well. 

"We're almost there honey." Queenie reassured her knowing she wasn't feeling to good with all of the walking they were doing. "Right up ahead."

They walked into MACUSA and could feel the amount of stress in the air. Queenie quickly grabbed a paper and gasped. 

"He's escaped. He- Grindelwald is on the loose. They think he's in... Paris. Oh my Merlin." Queenie said and Eleanor grabbed the paper from her and reread it three times. 

"Queenie we need to go back. Now." Eleanor said sternly and Queenie could feel how worried she was for Newt. She immediately thought of Tina. Grindelwald wouldn't know where they lived right? But if he did....

"Tomorrow. Okay? We'll leave first thing tomorrow morning." Queenie said quickly. 

"But the ship... I don't think we can take it back. It leaves in two days, not tomorrow." Eleanor said. 

"Honey, we're gonna have to take a portkey if you want to get home as soon as possible." Queenie said while walking towards Graves' office. Well... his old office. 

"I can't. I could lose my baby." Eleanor said and Queenie looked at her sympathetically. 

"Then we wait the two days to take the ship back." Queenie said. 

"But... Okay." Eleanor knew she couldn't argue. It was her baby's life on the line. She placed her hand on her stomach and sighed. 

"They'll be okay. Come on, I got the files I need. I don't think now is a good time to talk to Madam Picquery. She's probably losing her mind." Queenie said and turned and bumped right into a woman. 

"You are absolutely right, Ms. Goldstein. I am. But please enlighten me how Tina's chase is going." Madam Picquery inquired and Queenie filled her in on as much as she knew. She also handed her Tina's reports from the case which she flipped through briefly. She thanked them both and went on her way. 

"That was easier than I thought." Queenie said. 

"Queenie, maybe we should take the portkey tomorrow." Eleanor said. 

"Don't be silly Ellie, we can't risk it." Queenie said. 

"I'm so worried right now." She said. 

"I know, your worry is practically yelling at me." Queenie said which made Eleanor smile. 

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." Eleanor said. 

"Don't apologize. I'm worried too." Queenie said and they made their way back to the apartment. Eleanor crashed on the couch the second they walked through the door. 

"This is going to be a long two days." Eleanor groaned. The rest of the day went by slowly. Eleanor spent her day reading some American Wizard Literature to speed up the process, but it was quite boring. Just then, Queenie stepped out of her bedroom in a bright red dress and heels. 

"Woah, Q, where are you headed?" Eleanor eyed her. 

"Oh I hope you don't mind. I'm going to meet someone. You'll be okay by yourself, yeah?" Queenie asked and Eleanor gave her a curious look. 

"What are you up to?" Eleanor asked her.

"Nothing El, just meeting a guy I met before we left." Queenie smiled at her friend. 

"Alright, have fun. I'll be fine!" Eleanor reassured her and with a pop, Queenie was gone. Eleanor decided to go to bed, she was tired and there was no point in staying up any longer. She was out like a light and sleeping peacefully while dreaming of her new and upcoming family.