xlvi : lost and never been found

Chapter Fourtysix:

"we stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized it's already inside us."

______________

"That's...."
they narrated everything to Jia except for the fact that Kim Byeol is her sister and the mom she is talking about is her mom, Yoon Jinsol.

"All of you are heartless...."
She looked at everyone inside the room woth disgust and ridicule. Sunghoon looked down, feeling guilty.

"I know, we all are heartless."
Sunghoon whispered, because of the silence going all through out the four corners of the room, it became audible enough for everyone to hear.

"Do not act like you won't do it too, Jia. Stop being a hypocrite."
Jay rolled his eyes and breathed out in frustration. Jia turned to him, glaring at his direction.

"What the hell?"
She asked, walking towards Jay. Jay glanced at her, smirking after.

"What? Would you like it if someone will spill your secret?"
Jay stood up from his bed as Jia stood up in front of him. He looked down, since he's much taller than the woman.

"Don't act like you didn't glared at me like that when i found your small vial of sweet candies."
Jay teased her by telling her that he still remember that encounter on the library. He licked his lower lip, turning his gaze towards the door before walking away.

She knows he meant something different with the "sweet candies."

" Maybe it's already time to explore this freakin hell? Any of you want to go outside or... Nah?"
He asked everyone inside the room. Jia didn't answered and is just glaring at him. The remaining few agreed on Jay's decision, walking out of the room and following Heeseung's trails.

Jia was left there inside, All alone.

'This is not the right time to be alone, Jia. '
Jake thought to himself as he watched the girl from the monitoring room inside his cell. The killer is still on the move. And he already decieved everyone to think that he's actually innocent.

Jake spat out the blood solidifying on his mouth as he intently watched everyone from the room.

Meanwhile,

The remaining members of the golden circle followed where Heeseung went, tracing the dark hallway towards a source of light.

"It's too dark..."
Sunoo whispered, quivering. They can't clearly see anything, only silhouettes of each others were visible.

"Someone broke the lights. Is it Heeseung-hyung?"
Jay said, touching the shards of light bulbs that remained on its holder on the wall. Someone broke the lights, making it hard for them to walk on the dark alley-like hallway.

"Be careful on your steps.. We'll never know what is-!!!!"
Sunghoon, who was leading the group was just telling everyone to be careful before he slipped on the floor.

"What happened? Where the hell are you?!!"
The floor was undeniable slippery, Sunghoon fell on the wooden floor, feeling something wet on the floor that made him slip.

"Water....? No-"
He froze on his location, smelling the strong smell of liquid that smells like metals.

Iron.

"Blood."
Sunghoon whispered, finally realizing he slipped on a pool of blood.

Terror started to cover their eyes after he said those word. They started shivering, fastening up their pace towards the light source on the other side of the hallway.