Chapter 13: Can I catch a break?

Y/N made their way down to Tony's office alongside Peter. It had been even longer since they had seen each other since Peter was in school when Y/N had left the compound two years ago.

"She's gorgeous, absolutely, I mean, I don't even know how to talk to her," He said as he gushed to Y/N about his crush MJ. 

"You don't really know how to talk to anyone to be fair," Y/N laughed as his eyes widened. 

The two walked through Tony's office doors to find him shuffling through a pound of paperwork. It was easy to tell how frustrated he was. Anyone who knew Tony knew that the last thing he ever wanted to spend time on was paperwork.

"This shit is ridiculous. This is exactly why Pepper is in charge of this," He stated as he continued looking for something.

Y/N and Peter looked at each other quizzingly before asking, "Uh, Tony, is there something we can help you find?" Y/N asked.

He huffed in defeat, "No. I don't care anymore, I was just trying to find a policy but I'll ask Pepper later. I wanted to talk with you about coming on our next mission. We fly out in a week."

Their eyes grew nearly five times in size along with their smile. Y/N was excited to finally get back into the field, but that excitement was quickly nipped as Tony continued on.

"We're happy to have you back and we know you're going to do wonders with us, but you have to do better personally this time. You cannot engulf yourself in your work and forget everything else. I know it was an outlet for you when things got rough, but you let it get too far last time." Tony said as he pursed his lips knowing that this comment would hit Y/N hard.

They looked down at the ground trying to gather their thoughts. Y/N knew that Tony was right and the last thing that they wanted was to ruin what they were creating with Yelena. 

"I will work on it, every day. I don't want what happened then to happen again," Y/N stated.

Tony nodded, thankful to hear that Y/N was willing to try and work on the issues they used to have. They spent the next hour going over the mission that would be coming up in the following week. HYDRA had infiltrated a South African government that had ties to Wakanda. King T'Challa had called Tony yesterday asking for our assistance.

Y/N's part of the mission would be to fight alongside their uncle Steve as they used to before, but this time they would be leading the way. Over the past two years, Y/N had spent the majority of their time helping SHIELD break down the inner workings of HYDRA. Tony felt as though they would be the perfect lead for this mission.

They obliged with ease. Y/N was so excited to be getting back into the action of the field that they would've done anything Tony needed them to. 

After finishing the meeting, Y/N left his office to find Yelena. Luckily, she was just down the hall in the living room with Steve. They had been watching the news to see if there was anything they could pick up for next week's mission.

"Hey, Steve! Mind if I steal Yelena?" They asked as they leaned over the back of the couch hugging her around her neck. 

"Go for it!" He replied with his eyes still glued to the television. At this point, the golf tournament had come on and caught his full attention. 

Y/N grabbed her hand and led them up to their room. Once they walked through, Yelena grabbed Y/N by the neck of their shirt and pulled them into another kiss. This was much rougher than the ones they had exchanged before the meeting.

Though they enjoyed each second that their lips were attached to hers, Y/N knew that it was time to sit down and tell her what happened while the team was on the mission. They pulled away and guided her over to their bed to sit down.

They sat across from her, pulling her legs over theirs so that she would be closer.

"I need to talk to you about something," Y/N said trying to hide the shakiness in their voice.

Yelena was quick to notice and grabbed both of their hands in hers. She rubbed her thumbs over the backs of the hands, "What's going on? Are you okay? Did I do something?" She asked nervously.

"No, oh god no, you did nothing wrong. You've done everything amazingly, which is why I need to talk to you about what happened while you all were gone," Y/N started.

She nodded as she let out a breath of relief.

"When you all left, Wanda and I sat and talked about our rough past. I'm not sure if anyone has told you about it yet-"

"They have. Darcy has, I mean," Yelena interjected.

Y/N's eyes widened because they truly thought she had no idea, "Oh, okay. Well, we haven't talked since then and the night that I left your room at two in the morning, she caught me outside of your door and said some... choice words."

Yelena nodded to urge them to continue.

"Well, like I was saying, when you all left we didn't speak at first. When the next morning came, we trained and ended up talking about everything. We were able to put it behind us, which I was thankful for. I even ended up telling her a bit about you.." Y/N said.

Hearing this made the corners of her mouth tick up as she tried to hide the fact that she enjoyed hearing that they talked about her.

"But then later that night, she had gotten really drunk and.. She got incredibly close. I was tipsy as well, but nothing happened. She pulled away and ran to her room when she realized what she'd just done. I should've stopped it sooner though and it kills me to think I even let it get that far because..." They trailed off as they glanced around the room trying to lose contact with her eyes.

"Because..." Yelena echoed back as she pulled Y/N's hands up to kiss each one.

"Because I like you, Yelena. I like you a lot. That's why I wanted to talk to you about all of this because even though we haven't talked about anything, I want you to know how I feel."

She smiled as she began to inch closer, "And how do you feel?" She asked as her lips were slowly the distance.

"I feel..." Y/N started as they were losing their breath while Yelena hovered over their lips.

"Go on," She urged, causing Y/N to shudder at the feeling of her breath on their lips.

"I feel... like I want you. Only you. I want all of you, right now."

As Y/N finished talking, Yelena leaned forward forcefully while crashing her lips into Y/N's which knocked them back onto the bed. She climbed over top of them as she sat up, resting back on their hips.

"It's a good thing I locked the door this time because you're about to have all of me, right now," Yelena responded.