17: When Things Get Frisky

Dearest Readers,

If the title of this chapter or the fact that I actually updated doesn't excite you, then I have no idea what to tell you. Well, besides thanking you for reading, of course, but that's not the point, wink-wink ;). Things are FINALLY starting to heat up, even Jason is starting to see it.

Let me know if you have any requests, questions, or comments because I love hearing from you guys! It makes my day & really gives me the extra boost I need to break through these Writer's Blocks I've been dealing with lately.

XOXO Ally Layne

---

"Woah- Seph!"

As Persie's body sunk back into Jason's form, she was pretty impressed with herself at how much attention she was able to obtain. She didn't practice this, but apparently, it was convincing enough to worry Dean.

She felt Jason sink to his knees as he held her in his arms, and two separate hands grabbed her face and patted her "awake."

"Seph, Seph, hey, wake up for me, sweetheart," Dean's voice spoke, though it was with enough worry that she somewhat regretted agreeing to Annabeth's plan.

Persie slowly opened her eyes. "Dean? What happened?"

As soon as his green eyes met her own, the worry seemed to drift away from his expression before turning to annoyance.

"Well, Princess, you swooned," Jason told her, amusement clear in his voice. None of them noticed Nico and Annabeth slowly slip away. "Hey, Bela- that's your name isn't it? Go get someone to help, will you?"

She looked up to see Bela glaring hard at her fallen form. "Yeah, sure," she droned, before stalking away from them.

No one realized when Annabeth snapped her fingers and took Nico Di Angelo's arm as they walked into the shadows.

Well, no one who didn't already know what was going on, anyway.

Persie looked up at Jason. "She's not getting any help, is she?"

He shrugged. "I doubt it."

Dean looked between the two with something stirring in his eyes that Persie couldn't quite figure out.

"You okay?" Dean asked louder, before looking over to a waiter who was lingering around the scene with a few other strangers. "Hey, waiter!"

"Yes, sir?"

Dean placed a hand on Persie's face, looking intently into her eyes before turning back to the waiter as she let out a fake cough. Jason nudged her, and she started to wheeze, which wasn't hard to do considering Sparky's death grip around her ribcage.

"Uh, my sister has a severe shellfish allergy," Dean started, before pointing to the small breaded cakes on the tray. "There-There's no crab in that, right?"

The waiter shook his head as Jason placed a hand on the top of her forehead in false concern. "No, no sir."

"No?" Dean grabbed one of the cakes before shoving it into his mouth. After his first chew, he looked at the waiter with shocked eyes. "Well, they're excellent by the way."

A security guard walked over and looked down at the scene warily. "What seems to be the trouble?"

"Champagne," Jason cut in, "My wife here is a lightweight when it comes to the stuff."

"Is there someplace we can lay her down until she gets her sea legs back?" Dean asked, his eyes narrowing slightly at Jason's words.

The guard looked up the stairs before looking back down at them, and Persie, in her fake-inebriated state, knew that they had him right where they wanted him.