𝟮𝟳. 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘄𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀

SATURDAY
3:57 PM

ahh, crapcrapcrap please say i'm not late!
you rushed to the cafe's door, pushing it open as you all but tumbled inside the cute building. your e/c eyes light up upon finding sakusa sitting at a booth near a quiet corner. you pursed your lips, hoping he hadn't been waiting for too long as you gingerly made your way over.

you might dare to say he looked quite pleased when he saw you, dark eyes that poked out from his mask widening slightly as he takes sight of you standing before the booth. you noted the strawberry-print on the fabric, the same mask he wore at the park. you didn't know whether to sit beside him or opposite of him on the other side of the pink booth. so you just stand there as you wobbly smile 🧍‍♀️

"hi, kiyoomi! hope i'm not late, haha"

but he just shakes his head, "no, you're right on time, actually." he says, eyes darting down towards his watch before he looks back up at you. "c'mon, sit." he tells you, and you mouth an 'o' before wavering between the two seat choices. you probably looked like an idiot to kiyoomi, and he just smiles slightly, adjusting his mask as he watches you eventually sit opposite of him, remembering he wasn't fond of close proximity and all that.

practically the same second you sit down, sakusa's sliding a ziplock bag across the table towards you. you blink twice. your favorite and beloved, pink hairclip was contained inside of its translucent confines. you instantly smile, accepting the returned gift and placing it on the booth area beside you before beaming up at the wavy-haired boy.

"thank you, omi! i was nervous that i lost it for good. even though it's just a hairclip, i still uh... i s-still really like it, ya know?" your soft voice trails off as you avert your gaze from the boy. he merely sits there, deep voice sounding out again─

"sure. just keep better track of your things,
that's the second time this's happened."

"s-sorry... it wont happen again."

he just huffs out a quiet sigh, glancing out the window beside the two of you. the sun was hung high up in the blue sky, puffy clouds decorating the cerulean canvas with dots of white. it was what would be considered a beautiful day out today. but sakusa would rather stare across the table.

"did you look at the menu? what do you want to order?" he asks, earning a surprised look from you.

"w-wait─ i can... we're getting something?!"

he nods, hoping you cant see the way his eyes happily narrow in result of his curled-up lips.

"hm... but i didn't──"

"i know, i brought some. so just order something you'd like. but not too expensive, alright?"

wow, you smiled so brightly at the sincere offer that the boy almost shook his head with amusement.
"whow... really...?"

"yes. have you ever been here before?"

"hm... nope, but i've passed by it a few times. i've always wanted to try this place out."

"well, try it out then. you're here now, aren't you?"

your wobbly smile only stretches as you nod with glee, e/c eyes flickering down to the menu on the table as you pull it closer to you. "t-thank you so much, omi-kun." you gratefully say just above a whisper, too embarrassed and bashful to meet his ebony gaze. he clears his throat quietly.