Showing One's Worth [Stefan Salvatore]

Warning: Language, Angst, Deep-rooted Self-Image Issues, Smut, Fluff

Synopsis: You seek out comfort in your best friend Stefan after catching your boyfriend cheating on you, in the moment you are thinking you did something wrong to deserve such a thing. Stefan takes his time to show you just what you are worth in a sweet intimate moment that leaves the two of you feeling different for one another in a good way.

Word Count: 2,636

[Request by: AaliyahMitchell804]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk through the pouring rain with tears streaming down my face as I walk to my best friend's house, with a soft knock on the door, I hug my arms around myself and cast my gaze to my feet. I don't look up when the door is answered, "What are you doing here?", I hear Damon ask, I look up trying to hide the fact I am crying, "I..is Stefan here?", my voice involuntarily cracks as I ask. His face changes from a frown to a softer look, "Yeah, yeah, come on in. Is everything okay?", he asks me, I nod my head, "Yeah, yeah, I just need to see him.", I tell him. Stefan is at the foot of the stairs as soon as the door is shut behind us, "Hey [Y/N].", he calls out, his brow furrows when he takes in the visage of me, he closes the distance between us two quickly as I break down into sobs. "I'll leave you two be.", Damon says softly before leaving the two of us in the entryway, Stefan encasing me in a tight hug as I cry into his chest.

Once my sobs have subsided to slight shivers, he pulls away to look me over, "What happened?", he asks,he brings his hand up to wipe away the tears. I bite my lips softly to hold back another wave of sobs, "I caught Tyler cheating on me.", I confess. Stefan's face turns from sadness over my well-being to intense anger, his jaw clenching tightly. Stefan keeps his arm around me as he leads me into the sitting room, setting me down in front of the fireplace, "I'm going to go get you a towel and some dry clothes okay?", he says, I nod in response, not trusting my voice, knowing if I do I will break down again. I watch the flames crackle in the fireplace until Stefan returns with a stack of clothing and a towel, "I ran a warm bath for you, go relax and I'll be here if you need me.", he tells me, I know it is no use arguing with the vampire so I just whisper a soft thanks while taking the clothes and towel from him before making the ascent up the stairs to the bathroom.

I sit in the warm water until it turns cold, I slowly dry off and change into the dry clothes Stefan lent me, I slide on his tee shirt and his basketball shorts before running the towel through my damp hair. As soon as I step out of the bathroom with my wet clothes and the damp towel in hand, Stefan is there to take them to dry, "You can go lay down in my bed and rest, I'll bring up some of your favorite tea.", he suggests. Stefan has been one of my bestest friends since I moved to Mystic Falls, I know what he is and what he has been through, I have seen him through his break-up with Elena and he has been there for me when I really needed someone, so him taking care of me like this is nothing new to me. I climb the stairs to the tower that has Stefan's room slowly, I take a seat on the foot of his bed, looking down at my hands in my lap as a new wave of tears fill my eyes. "Here.", I hear a voice break me out of my trance, I look up to see Stefan smiling softly down at me with a mug in his hand held out towards me.