Day 9: Boobies & Babies

D a w n :

I sat on a stool in the kitchen, eating a bowl of cereal while holding Emily in my left arm. As I ate, I thought about the previous night, how Lane had taken me out to the balcony which was beautifully decorated.

There lights were on, but he had covered them with a pink red cloth so the whole scene was tinted pink. There was a small table with two chairs facing each other, and the food was covered in the silver covers that I've only even seen in movies before.

He did all these little things like pulling out my chair for me and giving me his suit jacket when I could've easily gone in and gotten my own.

He was such a gentleman and he truly made me feel special.

The bedroom door opened and Lane walked out in his grey sweatpants and to my surprise, he was actually wearing a shirt today. He walked past me to the cupboard and poured himself a bowl of cereal.

He smiled at me. "Hey."

I smiled back. "Hey."

"You're not feeding Emily?" He asked, pouring milk on his Frosties.

"Lane, he's a doll."

Lane sighed, coming over to the counter with his cereal and took Emily from me, rocking him in his arms. "Poor baby's gonna grow up with neglect issues."

I watched him rock the doll and couldn't help but smile. "You're gonna be a good dad." I said.

He chuckled, "Yeah, all this practice will pay off when I have kids of my own." He said.

"How many do you want?" I asked.

He took a mouthful of cereal, shrugging. "Don't know, I just want a big family."

"Me too! Being an only child is hell, I mean I have lots of cousins and stuff, but it's not the same has having actual siblings."

He nodded, "Yeah, I know what you mean, I mean I'm not an only child or anything but I barely know my siblings so I think we're in a similar situation."

"Wait, why don't you know our siblings?" I asked.

He shrugged. "They're just so much older than me, they're twins and right now my sister, Hadley, is engaged, and my brother, Adam, is getting his PhD, so I don't see them very often. By the time I was in middle school they had gone to university, so..."

I sighed, giving him a small smile. "Well at least you have me now."

"Aren't I lucky?"

I rolled my eyes, going up to wash my bowl.

"You know," He said, "we'd have some really good looking babies."

I thought about it for a second, before nodding in agreement. "You're right, they'd actually be hot as hell...no offense Emily."

Lane laughed, coming over to wash his bowl. "Well with you as a mother, what other outcome would you expect?" He asked.

I chuckled, putting a hand on his shoulder. "We'd be such great parents."

He nodded. "Dream team."

                           *     -     *     -     *

When we got to work, we saw all the people from our class gathering into a room on the second floor.